Best inspirational mental healing quotes to fight stigma
Are you battling depression and anxiety? An incident in the last few days prompted the publication of these recharging mental healing quotes. Do not hold back because you are fighting mental illness.
Healing takes time, and asking for help is a courageous step.
— Mariska Hargitay
How many comforting mental healing quotes have helped in increasing and raising the awareness of fighting mental health stigma? Looking for support professional help, medical physicians, counseling, or therapy in your worst days?
Everyday mental healing quotes NOT just in honor of Mental Health Awareness Month (May)
Here’s a mental healing quote by Norah Vincent, “That was the crux. You. Only you could work on you. Nobody could force you, and if you weren’t ready, then you weren’t ready, and no amount of open-armed encouragement was going to change that.” In other words, you cannot enjoy reading and sharing these famous mental healing quotes and sayings with everyone, unless YOU are healed, encouraged, and comforted.
Can we glean any answer to conteplate on from this mental health inspiration words by Janice Trachtman? That is, “Everything is within your power, and your power is within you.”
What other emotional health quote is of great therapy or speaks to your soul?
Let us dive into this compilation of the most meaningful top mental healing quotes right away.
Mental healing quotes for strength
Discover amazing mental healing quotes from literature, some of the greatest minds of our time, philosophers, and psychologists to calm your mind.
- “Being able to be your true self is one of the strongest components of good mental health.” — Dr. Lauren Fogel Mersy
- “Women in particular need to keep an eye on their physical and mental health, because if we’re scurrying to and from appointments and errands, we don’t have a lot of time to take care of ourselves. We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.” — Michelle Obama
- “So if you see somebody that’s hurting, don’t look away. And if you’re hurting, even though it might be hard, try to find that bravery within yourself to dive deep and go tell somebody and take them up in your head with you.” — Lady Gaga
- “There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.” — John Green
- “As my sufferings mounted, I soon realized that there were two ways in which I could respond to my situation — either to react with bitterness or seek to transform the suffering into a creative force. I decided to follow the latter course.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Physical strength can never permanently withstand the impact of spiritual force.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Great mental healing quotes for mental health awareness
Take out time for reflection with these reasuring quotes about mental health.
- “What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candor, and more unashamed conversation.” — Glenn Close
- “Don’t believe everything you think.” — Unknown
- “Mental health affects every aspect of your life. It’s not just this neat little issue you can put into a box.” — Shannon Purser
- “What we think, we become.” — Buddha
- “Anything that’s human is mentionable, and anything that is mentionable can be more manageable. When we can talk about our feelings, they become less overwhelming, less upsetting, and less scary.” — Fred Rogers
- “Mental health is just as important as… physical health and deserves the same quality of support.” — Kate Middleton
- “Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.” — Hippocrates
Strengthening mental healing quotes and sayings
How do you stay mentally strong and comfort someone mentally? Use these uplifting quotes to prioritize your mental wellness, stop stigma, and inspire somebody that’s silently struggling.
- “It’s perfectly okay to feel sad, angry, annoyed, frustrated, scared and anxious. Having feelings doesn’t make you a negative person. It makes you human.” — Lori Deschene
- “I found that with depression, one of the most important things you can realize is that you’re not alone. You’re not the first to go through it, you’re not going to be the last to go through it,” — Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill
- “Mental health problems don’t define who you are. They are something you experience. You walk in the rain, and you feel the rain, but, importantly, YOU ARE NOT THE RAIN.” — Matt Haig
- “Maybe we all have darkness inside of us, and some of us are better at dealing with it than others.”
― Jasmine Warga
- “Mental health is a continuum, and people may fall anywhere on the spectrum.” — Amy Morin
5 Inspirational quotes about healing and hope
How do you look after your mental health? Try famous mental health quotes that have contributed to mental health awareness, even for kids.
- “Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves”
― Henry David Thoreau
- “About a third of my cases are suffering from no clinically definable neurosis, but from the senselessness and emptiness of their lives. This can be defined as the general neurosis of our times.”
― Carl Gustav Jung
- “Mental health needs a great deal of attention. It’s the final taboo, and it needs to be faced and dealt with.” — Adam Ant
- “You have the power to heal your life, and you need to know that. We think so often that we are helpless, but we’re not. We always have the power of our minds… Claim and consciously use your power.”
― Louise Hay
- “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.” — Nido Qubein
- “Just like there’s always time for pain, there’s always time for healing.” — Jennifer Brown
- “The key to dealing with pain is not minding that it hurts.” — Ed Latimore
Overcoming mental health quotes
What other short mental health quotes are missing from this list? We will add them to the list if you share them in the comments section right at the end of this mental healing quotes blog post.
- “Spiritual healing is KNOWING that the body is perfect. Mental healing is effecting a perfect body by visualizing the body as perfect.” — Lester Levenson
- “Happiness is possible regardless of outside experiences because when you love everything, the need of a physical, emotional, mental or spiritual healing is no longer required. Pure love sees only pure love in its reflection.” — Lori Brant
- “Very often we claim to know something. We get an idea about what to do or not do, yet, for some reason, our behavior doesn’t change. At times, we just can’t seem to do what we know. This is known as mental healing. Something has shifted in your thinking, but it has not reached the other levels of your being – the heart and the spirit.” — Iyanla Vanzant
- “If there is a single definition of healing, it is to enter with mercy and awareness those pains, mental and physical, from which we have withdrawn in judgment and dismay.” — Stephen Levine
- “None of my mental activities for the past twenty-four hours might be called thinking. I had allowed my body to take charge. It knew far more about escaping and healing than I did.” — Geoffrey Household
- “We need a national campaign to destigmatize mental illness, especially one targeted toward African Americans. The message must go on billboards and in radio and TV public service announcements. It must be preached from pulpits and discussed in community forums. It’s not shameful to have a mental illness. Get treatment. Recovery is possible.” — Bebe Moore Campbell
Daily mental health quotes
What particular inspirational mental healing quotes help if you are feeling low?
- “It has been further suggested that the absence of love is the major cause of mental illness, and that the presence of love is consequently the essential healing element in psychotherapy.” — M. Scott Peck
- “I think spiritualism, mesmerism, the mental healing movement, provided some people with the most meaningful experiences of their lives.” — Mitch Horowitz
- “The fatal weakness of most psychiatric historiographers lies in the historians’ failure to give sufficient weight to the role of coercion in psychiatry and to acknowledge that mad-doctoring had nothing to do with healing.” — Thomas Szasz
- “I’ve seen many miracles take place in people’s lives. Financial miracles, miracles of physical healing, mental healing, healing of relationships.” — Michael Beckwith
- “We are all in different places in our healing process. Do not become invested in someone who is not yet where you are to understand you. They truly cannot hear you.” — Renae A. Sauter
- “Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.” — Carl Gustav Jung
- “When we make room for the silence, we’re able to clean up the emotional, mental, and spiritual clutter that drives us mad.” — Joshua Fields Millburn
Mental health therapist quotes
Loving someone with mental illness? This too shall surely pass! This strength inducing mental healing quotes will lift your spirits.
- “When you feel down, visit a psychiatrist. Your good friend can be that doctor. It is worth it to get you on a healthy path. The problem with having problems is that ‘someone’ always has it worse.” — Tiffany Madison.
- “Life, if well lived, is long enough.” — Seneca
- “The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.” — Marianne Williamson
- “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” ― Rumi
- “Each time you meet an old emotional pattern with presence, you are awakening to truth can deepen. There’s less identification with the self in the story and more ability to rest in the awareness that is witnessing what’s happening. You become more able to abide in compassion, to remember and trust your true home. Rather than cycling repetitively through old conditioning, you are actually spiraling toward freedom.” ― Tara Brach
- “The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.” — Hubert H. Humphrey
Top mental health quotes short
Find everyday inspiration from the following relatable mental healing quotes.
- “Awareness is the first step in healing.” — Dean Ornish
- “Guilt can interfere with our desires to move forward, to heal properly, and to become a person who has the mental health and means of proper recompense.” — Bryant McGill
- “It’s important to cultivate friendships. Whether you are an extrovert or an introvert, as a human you are a social being. For the sake of your mental and emotional health, it’s important to be honest about and honor your need for meaningful connections.” — Susan Barbara Apollon
- “Love yourself, accept yourself, forgive yourself and be good to yourself, because without you the rest of us are without a source of many wonderful things.” — Leo F. Buscaglia
- “Know that all healing forces are within, not without! The applications from without are merely to create within a coordinating mental and spiritual force.” — Edgar Cayce
- “Healing requires from us to stop struggling, but to enjoy life more and endure it less.” — Darina Stoyanova
- “Healing is an art. It takes time, it takes practice. It takes love.” — Maza Dohta
Mental health healing quotes of the day
Discover true purpose and meaning in your life from these mental healing quotes that will empower you.
- “People little dream of how their affairs react on the body. There is a mental correspondence for every disease.” — Florence Scovel Shinn
- “Now we no longer simply look to the doctor and to medicine to heal us. We now recognize what has been substantiated scientifically everywhere from Harvard to Duke to Stanford – that the power of the mental and spiritual consciousness of the patient is as significant in healing as physical factors are. If we apply that same paradigm to politics, we see that the mind and the spiritual consciousness of the citizen are every bit as important as anything that goes on in the government.” — Marianne Williamson
- “Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn’t you – all of the expectations, all of the beliefs – and becoming who you are.” — Rachel Naomi Reme
- “It’s when we start working together that the real healing takes place.” — David Hume, Philosopher.
How can you help end the stigma against mental illness?
Are you here because you are searching for mental health stigma quotes? What is a good mental healing quote? Positive mental healing quotes for happiness and success help anyone to face their worst fears.
Reach out and touch somebody’s heart and make this a world a better place, because you can!
Pin up these motivational mental healing quotes to heal the soul of +1 more hurting loved one
Additional other energizing, inspiring, and motivating quotes to cheer you up
Explore and see more ideas about quotes, motivational quotes, sayings, and words from these earlier inspirations.
- Top 100 quick-start famous budget quotes to kick-start your budgeting system and improve your budget [for the financially educated]
- 77 Free Uplifting Inspirational Quotes of the Day About Life for Motivation During the Coronavirus Shutdown
- Did you pay off a debt and your credit score decreased? Which are the best bankruptcy laws in credit vs debt banking? [Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act (BAPCPA) 2005]
You will also love
- Solitaire online card games played by whole family for free develop insane strategy skills [INFOGRAHIC]
- 15 Befitting Global Competencies Prerequisite for Global Work Environment – Qualities, Characteristics, Skills, Values, and Behaviors
- Trending Traffic Jam Weekend Linky Party 257: Did You Achieve Sales Target for Year 2022 Already?
- List of +37 General and State Grant Opportunities for Women Entrepreneurs – How Long Does it Take to Get a Grant Approved? [Answer to the Most Common Question For Each Grant Applicant]
Had enough of the mental healing quotes?
or love on the mental healing quotes above? Find further inspiration to handle your mental wellness below.
- IE 292: SETTING SOCIAL MEDIA BOUNDARIES AS A BUSINESS OWNER
- 5 Simple Tips To Improve Your Mind & Body Wellness
- What Does it Mean to Age Gracefully? + Link-Up
- Crucibles of Leadership – The Alchemist Leader
- A mission to support healing & recovery podcast interview with Bianca Mccall
Let keep the mental health conversation authentic
Share these mental healing quotes now
Please share any of the above graphics on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest and help someone get good therapy from these mental healing quotes that help to look at the bigger picture.