Please Help, Thextraordinarionly Playground for Startups, Small business & SMM Pinterest Account Is Suspended – What to Do and Avoid It In the Future
This post about the steps we took so that if you ever receive a notice from Pinterest that your account is suspended, you know what to do.
This is the precise message received when logging into thextraordinarionly playground for startups, small business & SMM account on Pinterest.
‘Your account has been suspended for violating our community guidelines. We previously sent you an email explaining why ad how to appeal. If you have questions, get in touch with us.’
This screen shot below says it all.
Even If Our Pinterest Account Is Suspended, Its Business As Usual of a New Normal
No one want to see such a message, especially at such fragile times of uncertainty of drastic drop in income.
Ah, we can attest to is this:
Putting many eggs in one basket and focusing all your attention on one source of traffic for posts on your website is a recipe for disaster.
To add salt to injury, if you are an Amazon affiliate, you probably have received an email this week that made many hearts skip a beat. Fee rates for product categories dropped from 8% earnings down to 3%. Some that were at 3% are now 1%.
If you did not, click this link here to see what they said. Well, what a season?
Let me say that no matter how much you motivate yourself with top inspirational quotes some realities are bitter pills to swallow. If you are in any of these shoes we know exactly how you feel.
It is such a blessing in disguise that we have been on a offline and online journey learning effective marketing, SEO and Pinterest strategies with one of our Entrepreneur Star Academy classes (results to be shared at a later date).
No more rumbling.
Let’s get back to work.
This post contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Check out our affiliate link disclosure. Also see our earning disclaimer.
What We Thought Was the Reason
First of all, on seeing the notice above, we checked email.
We did not seem to find any alluding to the suspension from Pinterest. Thus, we did not have any prior email to explain the why and how to appeal.
All we had on email was the following:
Action needed: error with your RSS feed
Hi thextraordinarionly playground for startups, small business & SMM
Oops! It looks like some of your connected RSS feeds are failing. Please review the errors below:
Your RSS feed can not be parsed. Please check that your feed is a valid RSS feed in XML format.
Please check our Help Center for further details or to get help troubleshooting.
This is an error that we have been working on considering the following response from the feed link:
“The URL you entered does not appear to be a valid feed. We encountered the following problem: Unknown feed format encountered (The root element is [Element: <html/>])”
If you are the webmaster for this site, please contact your hosting provider’s support team for assistance
Upon contacting the hosting provider, their This was the last response from the host provider responded that;
… this is a developing issue and PHP coding and it is out of the scope of support we can provide here.
We switched to seek help from those better versed with PHP coding to solve this (but if you have a quicker solution please help).
Were we hacked?
The Steps To Fixing The Problem
1. Our First Response To The Pinterest Account Suspension Via Email
Since we did not have any other communication apart from the one on the rss feed, our response to Pinterest through their ‘get in touch with us‘ link that was provided on the ‘something went wrong‘ page was:
… Kindly lift the suspension so as to disconnect and connect the website afresh.
Instantly, Zendesk (Pinterest Support) replied:
Thanks for writing in. It looks like your Pinterest account is suspended.
Our team of experts will review your account. We’ll send you another email with the results of our review.
The Pinterest team
Thus, we waited and decided to reactivate an old account that we had stopped using over one year ago. You can find it when you follow this link here –https://www.pinterest.com/thextraordinarionly/.
2. Pinterest’s Team Response Via Pinbot – A Note About Your Account
17 hours later, we received a response titled ‘A Note About Your Account’
Hi thextraordinarionly playground for startups, small business & SMM,
We took a look at your account and decided not to reactivate it because we noticed activity that goes against our spam policy. You won’t be able to access your Pins or messages.
The Pinterest Team
3. The Actual Reason for the Suspension – Our Thoughts
It turns out that Pinterest noticed an activity that went against their spam policy.
The worst part of it all that we will not be able to access our Pins or messages – Wow! What a lesson!
Next, we tackled the specific category of suspending our account using the Pinterest’s guidelines around spam.
8 Community Guidelines of Pinterest to Watch Out For
Don’t use automation that hasn’t been explicitly approved by Pinterest. This includes unauthorized services that automatically perform actions on your behalf. You can find information on approved partner tools on our Partners website.
Don’t create or operate accounts that aren’t authentic, create accounts en masse, or create new accounts for the purpose of violating these guidelines.
Don’t create or save content that is repetitive, deceptive, or irrelevant in an attempt to make money. To learn how to make great Pins, you can always refer to our creative best practices.
In general, don’t attempt to make money from Pinners or Pinner web traffic in ways that are misleading, detract from the Pinner experience, or don’t add value for Pinners.
Don’t link to websites that are unsafe, deceptive, untrustworthy, unoriginal, or that facilitate or encourage spam. Websites should have original content that adds unique value for Pinners.
Don’t send unsolicited messages or make irrelevant comments in bulk, especially when these are deceptive or commercial in nature.
Don’t attempt to artificially manipulate distribution, clicks or other metrics, including but not limited to: buying or selling engagement, “stuffing” irrelevant keywords, generating inauthentic traffic, redirecting existing Pins to new destinations, using fake or compromised accounts to perform coordinated actions.
Don’t attempt to evade our anti-spam systems, for example, by using shorteners, redirects or intermediate websites to obscure a link’s final destination.
But upon careful check back and forth, my team and I remembered that we started to test how to use the Pinterest Save Button extension a few days ago. With the excitement of the ease of sharing content, ours and other bloggers, we just went at it – we jumped in with both feet to learn how to use it.
Let’s see. Was this the case.
When To Use The Pinterest Save Button or Tailwind
A Pinterest Expert does the following:
- Schedule pins on Tailwind
- Create and set up the Tribe
- Set up Smart Loop
- Share pins and getting Reshares
- Increase Pinterest followers
- Use appropriate Hashtags, Title, and Description
- Join the Group Boards
- Share pins to the Group Boards
- Getting Repins
- Add people to the Tribe
- Send out messages
Pinterest Save Button
To create a successful online business requires organizing web assets. The Pinterest save button extension is a one such asset and tool that makes the technical work of adding pins to an account easy and simple.
Tailwind. Is the Pin Scheduler of choice amongst most bloggers. Tailwind allows you to schedule pins on the days you cannot be near your computer. It’s like a blog/Pinterest assistant with the smart loop. If you haven’t already, sign up for a FREE month of Tailwind HERE.
Your Pinterest Account
We now know what pitfall to avoid. For a strategic handling of your business account by a Pinterest Expert contact us today or use our social media platforms to reach out for 6 weeks standard package @Eur167 or 6 weeks premium package @Eur277.
The Secret to Success on Pinterest
A Pinterest Expert knows that seasonal content should be pinned about 30-45 days in advance. Activity will keep picking up as you get closer to the big special day.
If your landing pages are optimized, when someone clicks on your Pin, they want to learn more about it. So hire us to create the content and link Pins to your site, blog or any other website. You will not regret it.
4. Our Second Appeal To Pinterest to Re-instate Account
We therefore went ahead to appeal to Pinterest to reactivate the account now that we ‘identified’ what we did. The following is an excerpt of the appeal.
… It is with all this background that we appeal that thextraordinarionly playground for startups, small business & SMM account suspension is lifted and the account re-instated so as to resume activity.
On behalf of ThExtraordinariOnly Team, I apologize for each activity that goes against your spam policy. We will be more vigilant and adhere accordingly.
Looking forward to a favorable response.
Since we advocate for good social media outcomes, we are keen not to violate any policies, rules and regulations of any platform our clientele or us use.
5. Did We Get The Answer?
Were we reported for spam? We will never know. We are still reviewing Pinterest policies to make sure that we have not missed out anything else.
We will get through this.
This may be our chance to try things we may not have considered before.
We are brainstorming additional products and opportunities as we await Pinterest’s response.
6. Pinterest Account’s Email Address Retired After Our Third Appeal to Pinterest
Many hours later, we submitted a third appeal.
Well. we had the email address associated with the Pinterest account received the following response from Pinterest.
Thanks for contacting us about Pinterest. We’ve retired the email address you used, and our team won’t be able to answer your request. To get support, please submit your request again using the form in our Help Center. (https://help.pinterest.com/co
We apologize for the inconvenience, and look forward to hearing from you again.
We did not give up.
We went ahead to submit a fourth appeal.
7. Fourth Appeal to Pinterest
This is an excerpt of the very long fourth appeal sent to Pinterest to
Dear Pinterest Team,
The account https://www.pinterest.com/
biztipstartupsmm/ is suspended and would like it to be reactivated …
Is it because of recently using the Pinterest save button?
Decided to create a second account https://www.pinterest.ca/
thextraordinarionly/ because it impossible to now get into the main account – thextraordinarionly playground for startups, small business & SMM – vide https://www.pinterest.com/ biztipstartupsmm
… We have set a strategy in place to give priority on fresh pins, before using the extension to pin to our boards or other group boards that we are members of.
The only content added to thextraordinarionly playground for startups, small business & SMM account is valuable and worth sharing.
… our website adheres to creating virgin content and repurposing the old one with fresh pins.
We do NOT participate in sending any unsolicited messages or make irrelevant comments in bulk.
We have NOT redirected existing Pins to new destinations, using fake or compromised accounts to perform coordinated actions.
We do NOT use shorteners to mask final destination of links with any Pins at all.
We will work to prevent it from happening again by paying attention to Pinterest’s best practices …
… hear … appeal and re-activate this account.
We Reactivated Your Account
6 hours after receiving the generic reply from Zendesk (Pinterest Support), we received another email from The Pinterest Team that our account got reactivated.
Oh, and it was not any error from our end.
In fact, Pinterest wrote that they made a mistake when they deactivated the account.
‘Sorry for the trouble! It looks like we made a mistake when we deactivated your account.’
Don’t believe it? Here’s the full complete email.
Hi thextraordinarionly playground for startups, small business & SMM,
Sorry for the trouble! It looks like we made a mistake when we deactivated your account. It’s up and running again, so you can get right back to saving Pins you find.
The Pinterest Team
7 Lessons Learnt After Going Through The Process of Having Our Pinterest Account Suspended and Reactivated
- Don’t panic. Be calm.
- Get in contact with Pinterest and be patient.
- It is just a case of getting through the automated system until you have an actual human set of eyes on your account, then things get rectified fairly quickly.
- Sometimes it isn’t your fault at all
- Diversify your blog traffic
- Adhere to Pinterest best practices to avoid having your Pinterest account and pins marked as SPAM again
- We now have two Pinterest accounts. We will find a way to work with them. So follow them both and leave a message when you do so with reference to this blog post. We will reciprocate.
What Do You Do When Your Pinterest Account Is Suspended?
- Have you ever dealt with a suspended Pinterest account?
- Did you get it reactivated?
- How long did it take?
Share with us about your experience in the comments section below, right at the end of this post.
We hope that our blog post has helped you to learn how to fix the ‘Pinterest Account is Suspended’ notice, what to do and what avoid in the future so that you do not experience a deactivation again.
For now, stay safe and healthy as you practice hand-washing and social distancing. Be on the look out for additional resources for adapting to hard times of uncertainty.
Thank you for reading!
If you found this article on how to get a suspended Pinterest account helpful and think your friends and followers will too, please share it with them by using the share buttons below.
Tweet this!Sorry for the trouble! It looks like we made a mistake when we deactivated your account. It's up and running again -https://bit.ly/2wMNYV4 get yours activated today #thextraordinarionly Click To Tweet
Reach other content creators too by sharing this blog post with your circle of influence using the social sharing buttons at the bottom of this post.
- If you enjoyed the blog, please join us on this day to day journey. Follow us on the reactivated Pinterest account, former Pinterest account, Medium, Vimeo, and Instagram for more helpful tips and insight.
- Let us interact on Twitter and Facebook.
- Loop Your Pins with us instantly – but with care so that your Pinterest account Is not suspended like ours. You will get extreme engagement and massive exposure to your digital presence on the Internet.
- We are also flipping on this FlipBoard profile and mixing on Mix, formerly StumpleUpon and its bearing fruit. Join us and follow for more interesting content that you will like.
- We rank the Top 100 small business blogs, websites, and influencers 2020. There are additional important details not found in our blogs if you subscribe to our newsletter starting today.
- 77 Free Uplifting and Inspirational Quotes of the Day About Life to Motivate You During the Coronavirus Shutdown
- When Facebook Changes Its Algorithm, Newsfeed, or Suspends Your Ad Account – What Do You Do When Are on Facebook ‘Jail’ at the Nick of Time?
- Ebook on Successful Strategies of Wealth Creation, Victory Over Debt, and Money Matters – Spring Up from the Hole of Bad Debt
- The Top 159 Inspirational Quotes About Debt, Money, Wealth and Business that Fuel Your Crawl Outta Debt Now Journey – Live a Full Life of Financial Freedom
- The Bullet-Proof Email Marketing Etiquette – Or Are You Confused if Email Marketing is Obsolete?
- Good social media outcomes
- Stop Using FeedBurner – Move to FeedBurner Alternatives
- FEED Validator FOR ATOM AND RSS AND KML
- Pinterest Save Button – Chrome Web Store
- Pinterest community guidelines to watch out for
- Screenshot source: Depict the true picture of logging to thextraordinarionly playground for startups, small business & SMM account on Pinterest.
- Pinterest name, logo, graphics and any words, phrases, images or other designations that identify Pinterest as the source of any product or service are the sole property of Pinterest.
- We are very grateful to Janice Wald of mostlyblogging.com for introducing us to slickwords, the graphic design tool that we have used to curate the pins in this post! 🙃