Exposé in book review demystifying HR concepts – Human Resource Management in Real World of 21st Century by Shivin Tikoo
This is my bona fide book review of Demystifying HR: HR concepts in real-world scenarios by Shivin Tikoo with a rating of 4 of 5 stars.
- Handbook examination on debunking HR concepts
- Future of work
What will shape HR going forward? Thanks to Shivin Tikoo, we get a glimpse into human resource notions and ideas that lean towards talent acquisition, personalization, and the acceptance of technology and Artificial Intelligence. I received a complimentary copy of Demystifying HR: HR concepts in real-world scenarios from the author through Booktasters.
How to get ahead with book review demystifying HR concepts (expose)
Tikoo adds HR managers looking to get ahead of the game are left with no choice but to master an accommodating social media strategy. The author notes that employee engagement, retaining, and collaborating with the technology-independent Gen Y molds career frameworks.
What are the most important HR concepts?
Traditional human resource management includes;
- Importance of HRM
- Scope of HRM
- Various Processes in HRM
- What is Human Resource Planning ?
- The HRM Function
- Functions of a Human Resource Manager
- Staffing Role of the HR Manager
- Role of HRM in Leadership Development
- Role of HR in People Empowerment
- Talent Management and HRM
- HR Management Concept of Performance Management
- Hiring Strategies
- Retention Strategies
In the 21st century, HR manager or the people manager no longer take care of Staffing, Payroll, and Retention etc. Instead, the HR manager is responsible for managing employee expectations vis-à-vis the management objectives. The goal is to reconcile the expectations of GEN Y and organizational objectives, ensuring employee fulfillment and achievement of management objectives.
HR insights make simple, accurate, yet affordable human resource management systems that propel the workplace culture. When aligning everyone to a company’s core purpose and beliefs, employee engagement surveys, constant learning, Mr. Tikoo points out that being proactive is a priority.
Future of work
I have experienced massive changes in the world of work, having transitioned from being an employee to a team member working towards present day’s organizational culture that is in harmony with globalization. Today’s HR extends beyond open and clear communication channels, to a gigantic global workforce that retains top talent, looks into the well-being of each team player, irrespective of hiring the best talent or nurturing an existing one.
Demystifying HR concepts for professional and MBA students
HR professionals will find this book a gem in uncovering industrial and organizational principles that marry productivity with employee satisfaction and security. HR (MBA) students can use this book to further explore the HR concept of man versus machine.
The author, Shivin Tikoo, is on Goodreads and LinkedIn.
This book deserves a 4.0-star rating because the research on HR concepts is a never-ending process.
Buy your copy at Amazon TODAY.
Thank you for reading!
Are you worried about the future of work? Share with us in the comment section below.
If you have any questions on this book review of Demystifying HR: HR concepts in real-world scenarios by Shivin Tikoo do not hesitate to leave a comment below. I will respond and get straight back to you!
Did you enjoy this investigative research? Learn from successful authors how you can have your book reviewed too! This particular page is created to share your experiences of reading nonfiction books and supporting self-published indie authors. Pay it forward!
Would you want to pin with us on Pinterest via our Tailwind Tribe? Use your community invitation. It comes with a $15 credit! Communities is FREE to get started. Greatest news – apply this credit to any paid Tailwind product in the future :)🥰
***We would like to note that this post and most posts on our blog may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you purchase something that has an affiliate link, we will get a commission from it. Thank you for your trust!
Further reading you’ll be interested in
- Process for Writing Book Reviews Using the Thinking You Need to Make Intelligent Choices in Life – Is Copywriting Breathtaking Book Reviews to Help an Author Out Work? (Samples)
- 137 Great Business Strategy Quotes for Entrepreneurs Inspire You To Be a Better Strategy Execution Ninja
- Small Business: What’s So Trendy About It That Everyone Goes Crazy Over It? (Black Business Month)
- Vision Statement to Make Your Dream a Reality: Doggedly Developing and Tinkering Vision Statements to Adapt Lest You Are Left Behind (Part 6)List of +37 General and State Grant Opportunities for Women Entrepreneurs – How Long Does it Take to Get a Grant Approved? [Answer to the Most Common Question For Each Grant Applicant]