12 steps to finding the perfect coaching clients – proven techniques
When you’re starting out as a coach, one of the biggest challenges can be finding clients. It can feel like you’re shouting into the void, and it can be hard to know where to start.
But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In this post, we’ll share 10 free ways to get coaching clients, fast. So whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been in business for a while but are struggling to find new clients, read on for some great ideas.
We’ll cover everything from online directories to networking events to social media marketing. So whether you’re a life coach, business coach, or executive coach, there’s something here for you.
Let’s get started!
How successful coaches help their clients the most
As a coach, one of the most important things you can do for your clients is to help them become successful. But what does that mean, exactly? And how can you go about doing it?
Here are some ways to help your coaching clients achieve success:
Help them set realistic goals
One of the biggest mistakes people make is setting goals that are either too small or too large. As their coach, it’s your job to help them find a happy medium. Set goals that are challenging but achievable; this will keep them motivated and focused on reaching their targets.
Teach them effective time management skills
Time management is crucial for anyone who wants to be successful in business (or in life). Help your clients learn how to prioritize tasks, set deadlines, and stick to a schedule. This will free up more time for them to focus on revenue-generating activities and achieving their goals.
Why you need clients
You need clients. Plain and simple.
No clients means no business, and no business means no income. It’s as simple as that.
4 ways to completely revamp your coaching clients business
Are you a prosperous coach who is looking to revamp your coaching clients business? If so, here are 41 ways that you can do just that:
- Take a good hard look at their business model and see if there are any areas that can be improved upon.
- See if there are any new or innovative products or services that they could be offering to their clients.
- Evaluate their marketing strategy and see if there are any areas where it could be improved upon. Perhaps they need to focus on more online marketing or social media marketing?
- Take a close look at the sales process of your clients and see if there is anything that could be tweaked in order to increase conversions and close more sales.
The 10 ways to get coaching clients fast
So how do you go about getting clients when you’re just starting out as a coach? It can be tough, but it’s not impossible. There are plenty of free and easy ways to get clients fast on a budget, so you don’t have to worry about not having enough work.
Here are 10 of the best ways to get clients quickly and easily:
- Get clear on your coaching niche. When you know what you’re great at and what you love coaching people on, it’s much easier to attract clients.
- Create a powerful and magnetic coaching offer. When your offer is irresistible, people will be lining up to work with you!
- Get involved in your local community. Serve as a coach or mentor for local organizations or groups, and word will spread about how fabulous you are!
- Start a blog or podcast. Not only will this help you attract new clients, but it will also help you cement your expertise in your niche!
- Create social media posts that stand out. Make sure your posts are visually appealing and evoke emotion, so that people can’t help but stop and take notice!
- Reach out to your ideal coaching clients online. Connect with them on social media, or even better, email them introducing yourself!
- Attend industry events and meet-ups. This is a great way to meet potential clients in person and let them know what you’re all about!
- Start a free coaching program or challenge. When people see how fabulous coaching can be, they’ll be lining up to work with you!
- Give something away for free. People love getting things for free, so give away a freebie related to your coaching niche to attract attention!
- Develop a strong branding strategy. Your business or life coaching brand is what separates you from all the other coaches out there, so make sure it shines!
7 action steps for getting your first 10 clients in 30 days or less
Ready to get started? Here are your action steps:
- Make a list of 10 people you know who would be great coaching clients.
- Reach out to them and let them know what you do and that you’d love to help them achieve their goals.
- Create a powerful offer that is irresistible (e.g. a free 20-minute consultation).
- Follow up with each of those 10 people within 24 hours of making the offer.
- Ask them if they’d be interested in working with you one-on-one.
- Schedule appointments with the people who say yes.
- Start coaching your new clients and help them achieve incredible results!
Why you should focus on quality over quantity when it comes to clients
When it comes to getting coaching clients, it’s tempting to try and cast a wide net and attract as many people as possible. But as you’re just starting out, it’s actually wiser to focus on quality over quantity. Here are a few reasons why:
- It’s much easier to build a relationship with a few good clients than it is with dozens of mediocre ones.
- Quality clients are more likely to stay with you for the long haul, which means more stability and income for you.
- It’s much easier to market to quality clients than it is to a general audience. They’re already interested in what you have to say, and they’re more likely to buy from you.
So focus on attracting high-quality clients, and forget about chasing after the ones who are only mildly interested in what you have to offer. It’ll save you time, energy, and frustration in the long run.
Do you prefer group coaching or one-on-one? Check out our portfolio and see if we are the perfect match
How to keep the ball rolling
How do you get consistent coaching clients month after month?
When you’re starting out as a coach, it can be tough to get consistent clients month after month. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Here are 10 free ways to get more coaching clients fast:
- Leverage your existing network.
- Use social media to attract new leads.
- Get involved in your local community.
- Start a blog or podcast.
- Keep the ball rolling and stay top of mind.
- Offer free consultations and webinars.
- Join an online coaching community.
- Run targeted ads on social media or Google Ads.
- Create a compelling offer for potential clients.
- Cultivate a positive, results-oriented mindset.
Proven social media tactics for getting more clients
Is your target market women bosses?
Use these 50 business coach hashtags to increase your reach across social platforms.
There is more when you follow through the business of coaching (George Mason University)
Ready to get more coaching clients?
So there you have it! 10 free and fast ways to get coaching clients when you’re starting out. All that’s left to do is get started.
And remember, the best way to get coaching clients is to provide value first. Build a relationship with your potential clients and show them what you can do for them. If you do that, the clients will come.
Do you know of online communities about coaching clients a newbie should join? Help a coach out when you share in the comments section below.
Love this blog post?
Get the ThExtraordinariOnly best updates to leapfrog your life and enterprise for better startup ad small business success. YES. This does subscribe you to our newsletter. 📯
Other blog posts to examine
- 9 Effective and Inexpensive Marketing Ideas Run Successful Kick-ass Campaigns with a Punch
- 101 Time-Saving Tried and Tested Resources and Tools We Trust at Your Fingertips – Instantly Try FREE Must-Haves Today