Fastest Way To Extract Your First Email List [FREE] Before Taking the Step to Buy One (Or NOT)
Extracting your existing Gmail email list to include in your list of subscribers, fans, and followers for your website, blog, app, product, service, program, launch, a newsletter is a very simple process.
Did I hear you ask, ‘you mean that I already have an existing email list‘? Your Gmail listserv awaits.
- What is an Email List?
- Top Email Stats and Facts For a Successful Marketing Strategy
- How to Build Your Email List from Scratch
- Now To the Steps on How to Get Your Gmail Mailing List
- To Buy or NOT to Buy an Email List
- Data Protection Policy and Email Marketing Etiquette
What is an Email List?
An email list is a collection of emails that you have received through your blog or website. (Mailigen)
Recommended: For a proven way to nurture leads and convert them into long-lasting customers, irrespective of the business you operate, master how to build an email list in less than an hour.
Top Email Stats and Facts For a Successful Marketing Strategy
- An email generates an ROI of 3800% because, for every $1 spent, you generate $38 ( Hubspot, 2020)
- An email is 40 times more effective for securing new sales than Facebook and Twitter combined (EmailAnalytics, 2020)
- There are 3.9 billion daily email users. This number is expected to climb to 4.3 billion by 2023. (Statista, 2020)
- 81% of B2B marketers say their most used form of content marketing is email newsletters. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
- Government-related emails have the highest open rate (Mailchimp, 2018)
- About 50% of Americans check their email while in bed and 42% check it in the bathroom (TechCrunch, 2015)
How to Build Your Email List from Scratch
One of the questions we ask clients in our one-on-one consulting or group coaching is if they have an email list.
99% say no.
Are you astonished?
Our next question is, ‘where is your personal email account domiciled at’?
The answers here are a variety.
For now, we will focus on those who say that they have at least one Gmail account. As you will learn and see here below, your Gmail account can “extract email addresses” from other platforms like AOL, and Yahoo too.
You can tweak this how-to guide to create an email list in outlook.
In just 4 simple steps you have a very neat file of all your email contacts. Depending on what you want to use the email list for, you could either separate all the email addresses so that they receive different leads, like the following:
- An app subscription
- Paid newsletter subscription
- To rate your videos
- Free email notifications
- Free newsletter
- To like, share, poll, comment on a post
- Affiliate marketing
- Email marketing tips
- Join a Facebook group, etc.
Now To the Steps on How to Get Your Gmail Mailing List
First, sign in to your Gmail account and locate your profile setting. Next to your right is the drop-down menu that shows the contacts among other things as per the screenshot below.
Secondly, click on it (contacts tab).
Thirdly, click the ‘more’ tab on the left-hand side as shown in the screenshot below.
Finally, you will see 3 different options of how you could have your email list for the duration you have interacted with all the contacts from all the email addresses you have combined.
Import You Gmail List of Email Addresses
Import allows you to build an email list with contacts from not only from the existing Gmail account but also other accounts in other programs like Yahoo, AOL, etc.
The export contacts option allows you to use either google CSV or outlook CSV or Vcards for your email list. Ensure to cross out the columns you do not want to show.
Print allows you to have a physical print out of all the email list of all the contacts. This is an awesome way to allow you to ensure that you cross-check every contact you want therein is present.
Have you answered the question ‘how do I create a mailing list in Gmail today’
You see how simple that was. You have a ready email list ready to apply to your email marketing campaigns using platforms like MailChimp.
To Buy or NOT to Buy an Email List
There you go! You do not need to buy email subscribers.
Use your existing network of contacts first, then you can now branch out to the unknown email subscribers from other social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
Organic growth of your email list is a sure guarantee that your fans are really interested in the content of your app, product, platform, blog, website, video, newsletter. They value your opinion.
On the other hand, an email list that is bought will only satisfy you that you have ‘some’ subscriptions. The questions to ask include:
- Are they interested in what you have to offer?
- Are they interested in your solution?
- Do they know your values?
- Do they engage with you in any way on any social media platform?
Before you decide to venture into buying an email list, consider if it’s worth it.
Data Protection Policy and Email Marketing Etiquette
- Comply with data protection laws.
- Do not share your audience’s email addresses.
- Always seek permission before sending marketing emails to potential customers.
- Offering something valuable to your customers in exchange for the ability to email them cannot be overstated.
Remember: Make your first $1000 from your first 100 email subscribers, grab the information you need from this first list profit training right away – today.
- To create a killer email list from nothing, check this out (Crazyegg)
- Choose super simple strategies to build your email list from here (Sleeknote)
- Build an email list of 10,oo0 subscribers and make money from it (Autogrow)
It is Your Turn To Build Your List
Wasn’t that mind-blowing, yet very easy to do?
Will you buy email subscribers again?
Will you (or will you not) use your existing Gmail email list?
What do you think? Have you or will you try this tweak? If so, be sure to share your ideas or experiences in the comments section below.
Ps. Test this great platform for independent business owners and network marketers. This invitation gives you free credits, to begin with!
Did You Find this Blog Post Valuable?
This is how you can support us.
- Join ThExtraordinariOnly by Email instantly and you will be the first to receive our latest blog post and updates.
- Share to Facebook, Facebook Group, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Quota, Bloglovin, or your platform of choice. ?? Use those social sharing buttons at the bottom of this page.
- Follow us on Flipboard, Medium, Pinterest, and Instagram because there is a reason we rank Top 100 small blogs, websites, and influencers on the Internet.
- Find us on Facebook.
- Let us engage one-on-one on Twitter too. We will follow you right back because you are awesome.
- See our video collection and subscribe to our channel on YouTube.
- Loop with us here.
- Subscribe to our newsletter for more tips, hacks, tweaks, and DIY tutorials.
***We would like to note that this post and most posts on our blog may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something that has an affiliate link, we will get a commission from it. Not all items recommended on our site are affiliate links. We only recommend items that we have used and tried. These items have brought us much success and we highly recommend them to you in order to be successful. The opinions on this page are our own and we don’t receive additional bonuses for positive reviews. Thank you for your trust!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.