How Do These Top Women Leaders Creating Global Ripples Break the Mold, Yet the Odds Are Stuck Against Them in 2020 – Part Two
The prosperity of a nation depends on the empowerment of women. Top women leaders creating global ripples have more strides to cover.
Despite the difficulty of breaking into male-dominated networks, accessing mentors, securing adequate funding, and more make promising incremental progress, female influencers continue breaking molds.
Which of the Following Facts are Shocking Discoveries that Top Women Leaders Creating Global Ripples Should Have Overcome by Now?
When curating the list of top 300 Women leaders late last year (part one), we made the following shocking discoveries that affect top women leaders creating global ripples. These odds backed by facts with the sources at the end of this blog post.
The Not So Good – Why Are Women Stuck At These Levels?
- For the majority of women, significant gains in education have not translated into better labor market outcomes. Source: United Nations (UN) Women
- Of the estimated 11.5 million international migrant domestic workers (in 2013), approximately 73.4 percent were women [PDF]. Source: ILO
- Women face the motherhood wage penalty, which increases as the number of children a woman has increases [PDF]. Source: ILO
- Globally, women are 14 times more likely than men to die during a disaster and are marginally displaced due to environmental degradation, and adverse climate change. Source: UN, Women
- While 65 percent of men report having an account at a formal financial institution, only 58 percent of women do worldwide [PDF]. Source: World Bank
[bctt tweet=”While 65% of men report having an account at a formal financial institution, only 58% of women do worldwide http://bit.ly/2OCpTWM Source: .@WorldBank #femaleinfluencers #topwomenleaders #thextraordinarionly” username=”thextraordinari”]
- The estimation of economic costs to the global economy due to discrimination of social institutions and violence against women is approximately USD 12 trillion annually. Source: McKinsey Global Institute
- Women earn 77 percent of what men earn globally. Source: UN Women
- Globally, an estimated nearly40 percent of women in wage employment do not have access to social protection Source: International Labor Organization, ILO
Women are still half as likely to start businesses. Kauffman Foundation
Increasing the female employment rates in OECD countries to match that of Sweden, could boost GDP by over USD 6 trillion. Source: Price Waterhouse Cooper, PWC
Companies with three or more women in senior management functions score higher in all dimensions of organizational performance [PDF]. Source: McKinsey Global Institute
Nearly 90% of women-led businesses employ no staff beyond the owner. National Women Business Council, NWBC
Women migrant workers were responsible for sending half of the estimated $601 billion in remittances worldwide in 2016 [PDF]. IZA, World of Labor
Revealing Facts Specific to Female Influencers
Cambridge dictionary defines an influencer as follows,
someone who affects or changes the way that other people behave:a person who is paid by a company to show and describe its products and services on social media, encouraging other people to buy them:
- Do you read political blogs? You are an influencer because you organize petition drives and campaign events and spread the word about activities.
- Today, teachers, coaches are sought after as influencers.
- The current generation of journalists, bloggers, and online influencers, uses Facebook, Twitter, and other social platforms to help draw attention to their work.
- Eighty-nine percent of women (young and old) who use social media are on Facebook.
- The 200 million monthly Pinterest users are a 70/30 split between women and men, but the platform is diversifying – half of the new signups are male.
According to MediaPost,
Moms mention brands an average of 73 times per week compared with just 57 times per week among malesAs early as 2000, women were found to have surpassed men in Internet usageSeventy-eight percent of women in the U.S. use the Internet for product information before making a purchase
Here are some revealing inequalities:
- Seventy-seven percent of influencers are women, but they’re earning $108 less per post than male influencers (Source: Klear)
- Women are still earning only $0.79 for every $1.00 earned by a man (Source: PayScale)
- In some industries like the beauty market, women earn 8% to 10% less than men (Source: Klear)
Despite all these shocking facts and disturbing inequalities, women will always be nurturing, selfless, and community-minded. But it takes intelligence, respect, and confidence for a woman to lead.
“With the inequalities laid bare, now is the time for action. Ultimately, the responsibility falls on the businesses, agencies and platforms involved to address the balance”.
– Adam Williams, CEO of the influencer marketing firm Takumi
Ps. See the references for sources of these facts at the end of this blog post.
Female Influencers Breaking the Mold
Women continue to be global change agents despite odds. They break the mold and overcome obstacles that impede their success.
Women entrepreneurs are succeeding despite many obstacles and odds that are stacked against them.
– Betsy Dougert, Director of Communications, SCORE
Top women leaders are gaining ground and launch thriving businesses with or without adequate tools.
Are You Shattering Glass Ceilings?
If you put a check or tick on shattering any of the disturbing odds stuck against with phenomenal qualities and characteristics mentioned in this blog post, we applaud you.
Congratulations. You are a female influencer.
If you do not wait in line but instead lead the way with a trail of ‘successlets‘, making an impact and breaking the glass ceiling, this platform is for you.
To celebrate you, your triumphs, your success journey, and teach girls (and boys) that women wearing heels can:
- Leave glass slippers behind
- Shatter any glass ceilings
- Create global ripples
- Break the mold
- Disrupt trend
- Lead the way
… we invite you on a journey.
Join us today. Access this form here and fill in your details.
We Celebrate Top Women Leaders Who Choose to Follow Their Dreams, Even When Wondering the Way to Go
The majority of female influencers who have left behind glass slippers and are now shattering ceilings in their niches tend to be silent on their success.
But we love to share success stories so that another girl (or boy) can know that women wear high heels but break molds in their sphere of influence (even if no one is cheering on them).
- Watch out for Part Four of this Top Women Leaders series, we will reveal the stories of hope, life and success by women.
- It is real stories like this that empower another trailblazing woman – who may not know it now because of the mounting challenges she is facing in her journey of life today.
- Kindly help us spread the love to other top women leaders (micro-influencers included) – who are still questioning if they are trailblazers or not today.
[bctt tweet=”Are you questioning if you are an inspiring and trailblazing female influencer? Question no more! Are you following your dreams but still wondering which way to go? Wonder no more. We celebrate top women leaders and share their stories – even when no one else is doing it. Grab your spot here – FREE http://bit.ly/2OCpTWM #thextrordinarionly ?” username=”thextraordinari”]
Credit: @PoloOrtiz9In reference to Part One of this post,
Why the Top 300 Women Leaders on ThExtraordinariOnly?
ThExtraordinarionly is Top 100 Small Business Blogs, Websites, and Influencers 2020. Yes, we made the list.
We would love to share this success and celebrate with you, your accomplishments and how you have overcome hurdles. The facts at the beginning of this blog post confirm that your confidence that’s fiercely contagious has got you here.
We help lift up, encourage, and support our ladies in their goals and successes. Are you a passionate, fierce Gen Xer and baby boomers in your 40s, 50s, and 60s that are redefining what it means to be a social media superstar? We got you!
Sharing the curated listicle with your network of influence will in turn drive more traffic to your websites, pages – our gift and way of saying thank you from ThExtraordinariOnly
For better results, engage with the other powerful, empowering, inspiring and trailblazing female influencers. Enjoy benefits of a powerhouse of top women influencers!
[bctt tweet=””If not us, who? If not now, when?” – John F. Kennedy #quote http://bit.ly/2OCpTWM #top300womenleaders #topwomenleaders #femaleinfluencers ” username=”thextraordinari”]
Top Women Leaders Creating Global Ripples Form
Here below is how the form looks out.
Join disruptive girls, mothers, daughters, and grandmothers, all top women creating global ripples in the niche of influence they have carved out for their success.
How to Submit Your Information
- Click the form above, it opens like this in the docs.google.com
- Fill in your details accurately so that the links open to your preferred pages as submitted.
- At the bottom, choose if you would want to keep a copy of your responses or not.
- If you toggle the button reading ‘Send me a copy of my responses,’ you will receive an email with your responses as you have filled in the form.
- Click submit. We take privacy of confidential information seriously. We will not share your details with anyone else except publish them on ThExtraordinariOnly
- Yay! Yay! You are done.
Leave the rest to us to update Part Three of these Top Women Leaders series.
Influential people are never satisfied with the status quo. They’re the ones who constantly ask, ‘What if?’ and ‘Why not?’ They’re not afraid to challenge conventional wisdom and they don’t disrupt things for the sake of being disruptive; they do it to make things better.
– Travis Bradberry
[bctt tweet=”Influential people are never satisfied with the status quo. They constantly ask, ‘What if?’ & ‘Why not?’ They’re not afraid to challenge conventional wisdom. They don’t disrupt things for the sake of being disruptive, but to make things better. Travis Bradberry bit.ly/2UBp2JY #thextraordinarionly #femaleinfluencers #top300womenleaders” username=”thextraordinari”]
This is for Top Women Leaders Only!
- Do you know Top Women Leaders Creating Global Ripples?
- Even everyday consumers with 500 – 5,000 highly engaged followers around relevant topics are welcome here (micro-influencers)
- Forward this link to her to join the inspiring trailblazing female influencers of today.
- Join Female Influencers of Today – fill in your details and click submit at the bottom. You have the option to email yourself a copy of the responses.
Not a Female Influencer? We Got You! This is Open to Everyone!
- Nominate yourself for the 5th Global Entreps Awards?
- Follow this link and fill in the details.
- You can also nominate someone else.
- Do not hesitate to contact us if you find any challenges in filling in the form.🙂
- If you DM me on Instagram, after you fill in your details and make reference to this blog post, you deserve a confidence booster. Claim your copy with the subject heading ‘Confidence Booster”.
- What is the definition of an influencer?
- Influencer Pricing
- State of Gender Pay Gap
- What is a micro-influencer?
- Marketing to women: Quick facts
- Powerful insights: Marketing to women
- Marketing to women more than a media can buy
- The Six costliest mistakes you can make in marketing to women
- Women statistics
- Buying power
- What women can teach us about money
- When targeting digital media campaigns don’t forget about spouses
- Audience demographics – user stats on Pinterest
Over To You Now
Get to interact with powerful, empowering, and inspiring top women leaders breaking the mold in their spheres of influence in the global marketplace.
We would like to share your story in Part Four of the Top Women Leaders series. Start here now! 🙂
See why we rank Top 100 small business blogs, websites, and influencers 2020. 🙂
Join our email list if you enjoyed our blog.
***We would like to note that this post and most posts on our blog may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something that has an affiliate link, we will get a commission from it. Not all items recommended on our site are affiliate links. We only recommend items that we have used and tried. These items have brought us much success and we highly recommend them to you in order to be successful. Thank you for your trust!