How Do These Top Women Leaders Creating Global Ripples Break the Mold, Yet the Odds Are Stuck Against Them in 2020 – Part Two
The prosperity of a nation depends on the empowerment of women. Top women leaders creating global ripples despite the difficulty of breaking into male-dominated networks, accessing mentors, securing adequate funding and more make promising incremental progress.
When curating the list of top 300 Women leaders late last year (part one), we made the following shocking discoveries backed by facts.
The Not So Good – Why Are Women Stuck At These Levels?
- For the majority of women, significant gains in education have not translated into better labor market outcomes. Source: United Nations (UN) Women
- Of the estimated 11.5 million international migrant domestic workers (in 2013), approximately 73.4 percent were women [PDF]. Source: ILO
- Women face the motherhood wage penalty, which increases as the number of children a woman has increases [PDF]. Source: ILO
- Globally, women are 14 times more likely than men to die during a disaster and are marginally displaced due to environmental degradation, and adverse climate change. Source UN, Women
- While 65 percent of men report having an account at a formal financial institution, only 58 percent of women do worldwide [PDF]. Source: World Bank
- The estimation of economic costs to the global economy due to discrimination of social institutions and violence against women is approximately USD 12 trillion annually. Source: McKinsey Global Institute
- Women earn 77 percent of what men earn globally. Source: UN Women
- Globally, an estimated nearly 40 percent of women in wage employment do not have access to social protection [PDF]. Source: International Labour Organization, ILO
- Women are still half as likely to start businesses. Kauffman Foundation
- Increasing the female employment rates in OECD countries to match that of Sweden, could boost GDP by over USD 6 trillion. Source: Price Waterhouse Cooper, PWC
- Companies with three or more women in senior management functions score higher in all dimensions of organizational performance [PDF]. Source: McKinsey Global Institute
- Nearly 90% of women-led businesses employ no staff beyond the owner. National Women Business Council, NWBC
- Women migrant workers were responsible for sending half of the estimated $601 billion in remittances worldwide in 2016 [PDF]. IZA, World of Labor
Women Breaking the Mold
Women continue to be global change agents despite odds. They break the mold and overcome obstacles that impede their success.
Women entrepreneurs are succeeding despite many obstacles and odds that are stacked against them.
– Betsy Dougert, Director of Communications, SCORE
They are gaining ground and launch thriving businesses with or without adequate tools.
Are You Shattering Glass Ceilings?
If you put a check or tick on the above qualities and characteristics, we applaud you.
if you do not wait in line but instead lead the way with a trail of ‘successlets‘, making an impact and breaking the glass ceiling, this form below is for you.
To celebrate you, your triumphs, your success journey, and teach girls that women wearing heels can:
- Shatter any glass ceilings
- Create global ripples
- Break the mold
- Lead the way
… we invite you on a journey.
Join us today. Access this form here and fill in your details.
In reference to Part One of this post,
You will get to be featured together with us at ThExtraordinarionly, the Top 100 Small Business Blogs. Websites, and Influencers 2020. Yes, we made the list. We would love to share this success and celebrate with you.
The article will be in a format that can be shared easily with your network of influence and in turn drive more traffic to your websites. For better results, engage with these powerful, empowering and inspiring women leaders and taste the benefits that we have experienced this far.
Here below is the form for disruptive women, girls, mothers, daughters, and grandmothers creating global ripples in the niche of influence they have carved out for their success.
Influential people are never satisfied with the status quo. They’re the ones who constantly ask, ‘What if?’ and ‘Why not?’ They’re not afraid to challenge conventional wisdom and they don’t disrupt things for the sake of being disruptive; they do it to make things better.
– Travis Bradberry
Please Tweet ThisInfluential people are never satisfied with the status quo. They constantly ask, ‘What if?’ & ‘Why not?’ They’re not afraid to challenge conventional wisdom. They don’t disrupt things for the sake of being disruptive, but to… Click To Tweet
- Do you know a Top Women Leader Creating Global Ripples? Forward this link to her. <https://bit.ly/2UBp2JY>
- Attn: This is open to everyone! Nominate yourself for the 5th Global Entreps Awards? Follow this link and fill in the details. You can also nominate someone else. Do not hesitate to contact us if you find any challenges in filling in the form.🙂
- DM me on Instagram, after you fill in your details and make reference to this blog post.
Over To You Now
See why we rank Top 100 small business blogs, websites, and influencers 2020. 🙂
Engage with me further on Twitter!
Join our email list if you enjoyed our blog. Get to interact with powerful, empowering and inspiring women leaders breaking the mold in their spheres of influence in the market place. We would like to have you. You can join now! 🙂
***We would like to note that this post and most posts on our blog may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something that has an affiliate link, we will get a commission from it. Not all items recommended on our site are affiliate links. We only recommend items that we have used and tried. These items have brought us much success and we highly recommend them to you in order to be successful. Thank you for your trust!