What social media platform must you use each day? Are you like thought leaders that use more than one? Where is your audience spending time online?
The playing field of social media platform use is no longer level. Is there a social media platform that you like and use more than others? Why? Do you have insight on what social platforms your audience like? Which ones?
The best answer to this question defines your online prominence, perceptibility, and palpability.
Widely used social media platforms
The World Wide Web is abuzz with social media trends and tangibility. These come in many forms, including blogs, forums, business networks, photo-sharing platforms, social gaming, microblogs, social networks, chat apps, and chat rooms.
For example, Twitter has simple hacks and tips for professionals, that if implemented can turn a small business into a large company within a short period of time. In fact, building a following on a new Twitter account is not as easy as it was a while back because a lot of changes have taken place, unless you engage your wits and controversy.
- Unless a system complies with the new rules and regulations of the platform that largely centers around collecting user information, then you are left no choice than to use the old school methods of growing your Twitter account.
- There are a lot of bots, that were once the go-to solution to grow exponentially on Twitter that have since been disabled. The Twitter social platform keeps updating their rules and regulations – just like every other social platform.
This message does not apply to Twitter alone.
Users of social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook rush to online chatrooms, seeking easy hacks, tips, and tricks to beat algorithms of these online networking sites.
Social media sites have also grown in numbers by leaps and bounds.
As per the statistics revealed in 2018 , an estimated 2.65 billion people were using social media worldwide, a number projected to increase to almost 3.1 billion in 2021.
New social media sites come and go, but some have stood the test of time.
Let us briefly address a few social media platforms, namely;
A social media platform like Webtalk has a CRM built into it.
- The primary target market is premium LinkedIn members.
- You could be a free user or
- Sign up for the premium memberships when you use this referral link.
The truth it is only hard work, smart content creation strategies, and invaluable amount of time put in to study a platform can give you digital success on any social website on the internet.
Odysee, an open-source video-sharing website that uses the LBRY network, is a decentralized alternative to YouTube. Odysee is described as “the new YouTube for the far-right.” Although “not inherently a platform for far-right or extremist content creators”, it’s become popular among them as stated by extremism researcher Eviane Leidig (Global Network on Extremism & Technology (GNET) at The International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation and Political Violence).
The company has described Odysee and other platforms it has built utilizing its LBRY protocol as platforms for free speech and lightly moderates content, including removing pornography or the promotion of violence and terrorism.
Remember the blueprints for 3D printed guns shared by CEO Kauffman on his personal Twiter account? Rule-breaking content is delisted from Odysee. Its left in place to continue being shared, though not found via search or browsing channels.
"As a technology it is very cool, but you can't just sit there and be a Pollyanna and think that all information will be free ... There will be racists, and people will shoot each other. It's going to be the total package." - Megan Squire, a computer scientist and researcher of right-wing political extremism
6. Truth Social
Truth Social, though found on Apple play store, is America’s “Big Tent” social media platform. On their page, it states that Truth Social does not discriminate against political ideology. The platform encourages an open, free, and honest global conversation.
Verdict on platforms our customers like
If you have a clientele that is more than 90% social media averse (like our), then this question is irrelevant.
Today, we have seen an explosion in social media, proven by the emergence of one of the youngest billionaire’s, Kylie Jenner. Isn’t the memory very fresh of her comment and influx of the value of Snap Chat? This works for her because she is right where her audience is present 24 hours a day.
Popular social media platforms
You can like, use, and master any social media platform. Do not let varying algorithm updates scare you!
The increased internet of things (IoT) age and influencer marketing adopted by the next generation of our niche, has nevertheless seen an increased dynamic use of social media platforms.
Take Away Questions on Social Media Sites
- What do you think?
- What other social media platform, apart from the popular ones has intrigued you?
- Do you like your social media platform of choice because of your target audience’s engagement?
Update (August 2020)
In 2020, an estimated 3.6 billion people were using social media worldwide, a number projected to increase to almost 4.41 billion in 2025.
Source: Statista ( J. Clement)
Update (November 2021)
Update February 2022
Thanks for reading!
This article, first published on July 2018, was updated on February 2022.
“They found a way to limit Big Tech’s power: Using the design of Bitcoin”. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/26/technology/big-tech-power-bitcoin.html
You’ll also love to read
- Social Media Bullying Smackdown! Why Is Bullying A Social Issue? Its Prevention
- Current Social Media Trends For Simple Secure Social Media Planning – What is the Trend Report for Right Now? [INFOGRAHIC, 2022]
- Why Social Media Can Be Used For Good Outcomes -Undeniable Successful Impact and Influence of Good Social Media in Social Causes
- Gimme More Organic Followers Delighted When They View My Content and Can’t Wait to Share It [11 Ways]
- 13 Ways Social Media Influencer Followers Get Hooked and In Turn an Influencer Dominates a Niche in a Very Short Time
- How Very Short Half-Life of a Post on Twitter Platform Dictates Unique Ideas for Businesses [Tweet Same Content W/O Being Spammy]
- Grow Your Instagram Following to Double & Soar in Business in 10 days or Even Less Like Hazlo Emma
- Imagine link party 321 increasing reservations and sign-ups for your services [+3,000% sessions monthly]
Support us online by sharing this post on how social media tastes change
Did you find this article valuable and you want to show your appreciation? Spread the word with these ready-made tweets!
Unless a system complies with the new rules and regulations of the platform that largely centers around collecting user information, then you are left no choice than to use the old school methods of growing your Twitter account. Click To Tweet
Contribute by adding a comment using the comments section below. I will respond straight back to you.
If you enjoyed this blog, meet other active digital bosses, leaders, and influencers keen to grow online in our email list. Figure out new strategies that work for you to grow your online visibility starting NOW in your social media platform of choice!
***We would like to note that this post and most posts on our blog may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something that has an affiliate link, we will get a commission from it. Not all items recommended on our site are affiliate links. We only recommend items that we have used and tried. These items have brought us and our clients much success and we highly recommend them to you in order to be successful. The opinions on this page are our own and we don’t receive additional bonuses for positive reviews. Thank you for your trust!