How to use hashtags on Pinterest
Since Pinterest is both a search engine and a social media platform how do you use hashtags to help users find relevant content?
If you’re like most entrepreneurs, you’re always looking for new ways to reach your target audience. And what better way to do that than through the power of social media?
Hashtags on Pinterest
Hashtags are words or phrases preceded by a hash (#). If you are an active social media user, you know a hashtag when you see the hash (#) preceding the word or phrase.
For example #entrepreneur is a Pinterest hashtag perfect for any business owner who wants to connect with other entrepreneurs and share tips and advice. When combined with another keyword, it’s also a great way to find potential customers who are interested in a specific niche in entrepreneurship.
Pinterest hashtags vs keywords
Do hashtags on Pinterest identify Pins on a specific topic or do they function as keywords? The similarity of Pinterest hashtags to keywords is that, the hashtags help to optimize your content, conversations, and updates across multiple platforms.
Hashtags are like keywords that you can use to search for specific topics on Pinterest. When you click on a hashtag, you’ll see all the pins that have been tagged with that hashtag. This is a great way to find new content and get inspired by what other people are pinning.
According to Pinterest,
“When you add hashtags to the description for a new Pin, Pinners can visit a feed of all the Pins that share that hashtag. Hashtags are a new way to reach users interested in your content.
When a user searches a hashtag the freshest pins with that hashtag will appear at the top of the feed. When a user searches the same phrase without the hashtag, it will pull up the original search results page.”
How do you use Pinterest hashtags for your Pinterest marketing efforts?
There are three main ways hashtags can support your efforts:
- Discovery to attach more leads to your offering
- Searchability with pin specific hashtags
- Branding when relevant Pinterest hashtags related to your business are used
Hashtags are a popular way to organize and find content on Pinterest. But how do they work, and why are they so important?
Above, we first talked about how hashtags work.
Now let’s talk about why Pinterest hashtags matter
Hashtags help you reach a wider audience because they make your pins more discoverable. When people search for certain hashtags, your pins will show up in the results if they’re relevant to what the person is searching for.
This means that using relevant hashtags can help you get your pins seen by more people, which is great for promoting your business or brand!
How many Pinterest hashtags can you use per pin?
Even though you have a leeway to use up to 20 Pinterest hashtags per pin, find your sweet spot, ideally between 6 – 7 hashtags.
Pinterest hashtag tips
If you’re like smart Pinterest account managers, you love using hashtags on Pinterest. They help categorize your pins and make them easier to find. Using Pinterest for business with hashtags is a great way to get your content seen by more people.
But did you know that there’s a right way and a wrong way to use hashtags on Pinterest? Here are some tips of what you need to know:
- Don’t go overboard with the hashtags. A few well-chosen hashtags will do the trick. Any more than that and your content will look spammy.
- Make sure your hashtags are relevant to your content and pin. If they’re not, then people who see your content won’t be interested in it, and they’ll just move on. No one wants to see a #food pin with #fashion tags attached to it.
- Use popular, but not too popular Pinterest hashtags and niche hashtags. You want people to be able to find your pins, but you don’t want them lost in a sea of other pins with the same hashtag. An example is #hastagtips #pinteresttips Thus popular hashtags will help get your content seen by more people, while niche hashtags will help you reach a specific audience
- Keep an eye on which hashtags you are using and how well they perform over time
- Try out different combinations of tags to see what works best for you and your business
7 best hashtags Pinterest
Pinterest is a great platform for promoting your business, but it can be tough to stand out from the crowd. But with so many hashtags out there, how do you know which ones will work best for your business?
Here’s a look at some of the best hashtags for businesses on Pinterest:
- #BusinessOwner – This hashtag is perfect for anyone who owns their own business. It’s a great way to connect with other like-minded individuals and show off what your company has to offer.
- #Startup – If you’re running a startup company, this hashtag is essential. Use it to share information about your company and connect with other entrepreneurs who are looking for new businesses to support.
- #SmallBusiness – Small businesses need love too! This hashtag will help get your pins seen by people who appreciate all that small businesses have to offer.
- #entrepreneur – This is an obvious one, but it’s still worth using if you want to reach other entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- #startup – Another great Pinterest hashtag for reaching entrepreneurs and startup companies.
- #business – This general hashtag is perfect for any type of business-related content on Pinterest.
- #marketing – A must-use hashtag if you’re sharing marketing tips or resources on Pinterest
These, too, make up the top list of trending Pinterest hashtags that businesses should be using on their pins.
What are the biggest myths surrounding hashtags on Pinterest?
There are a lot of myths out there about hashtags on Pinterest.
The biggest one is that you need to use a ton of Pinterest hashtags to get noticed. That’s simply not true! In fact, using too many hashtags can actually hurt your chances of being seen by potential customers.
Another myth is that you should only use popular, branded hashtags. Again, this isn’t necessarily the best strategy. Sure, branded Pinterest hashtags will get you in front of more people, but if your target audience isn’t using those brands then they’re not going to be interested in what you have to say. Instead, focus on finding niche-specific or even location-based hashtags that will help you reach your ideal customer base.
Finally, don’t believe the hype when people tell you that all hashtag research needs to be done manually. There are plenty of great tools out there that can help make the process a lot easier and faster. Start with the Pinterest trend or search button before delving into tools like RiteTag and Hashtagify,
Make it happen
If you’re an entrepreneur, then you know the importance of marketing your business on social media. And if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to get more exposure for your business on Pinterest, then using hashtags is a great strategy.
But what are the best on-trend Pinterest hashtags to use?
How to tap into Pinterest’s audience of buyers
Want to promote your products to reach a potential monthly audience size of 80M+?
Start with the end in mind.
Before writing your blog post, do a Pinterest search. This is the best route to the most ideal Pinterest hashtags generator.
When you use the search bar to find keywords just like you would a hashtag, you leave off the hashtag symbol. This therefore forms the foundation of the particular Pinterest hashtags to include when curating the pins to be used in promoting the forthcoming blog posts on Pinterest.
- A Pinterest search of small business ideas gave us the following search results.
- Small business ideas for teens
- Small business ideas for women
- Small business ideas startups
- Small business ideas for women handmade
- But in the case of a search for home based business ideas, the search engine gave the following result: home based business ideas for women.
- Small business coach returned the following results:
- Small business coaching toolkit
- Small business coaching entrepreneur
- Small business coaching
- A start of startup life
- Startup life lifestyle
- Startup life cycle
- Startup life quotes
- For the purpose of curating this blog post, a search of the keyword ‘Pinterest hashtags’ gave us these search results
- Pinterest hashtags tips
- Pinterest hashtags generator
- Pinterest hashtags 2022
- Hashtags for Pinterest
- How to use hashtags on Pinterest
- Best hashtags Pinterest
- Trending hashtags for Pinterest
- How to add hashtags on Pinterest
- Popular hashtags Pinterest
- Hashtags on Pinterest
There are other different Pinterest hashtag generators out there. Can Hashtagify.me help you? It is a tool you can simply enter a keyword related to your business, and it will generate a list of relevant hashtags that you can use in your posts, videos, and idea pins.
Since the greatest thing about Hashtagify.me is that it also shows you how popular each hashtag, you can choose ones that will give you the most exposure. So if you’re looking for an easy way to find the best hashtags for your business using a tool like Hashtagify.
433 million audience
Now you know why we had to create such a blog post about the top creative Pinterest hashtags tips to help you get started.
If you’re a business owner, then you know the importance of marketing your brand on social media. And if you’re on Pinterest, then you also know the power of using hashtags to reach new audiences.
Which of the best hashtags to use on Pinterest have not utilized yet?
What’s the most often use of Pinterest hashtags?
Hop in to advertising campaigns to promote events or blog posts.
Which is the best Pinterest hashtags generator?
From the moment Pinterest completely overhauled to a search engine like Google, a lot of tools for Pinterest hashtags are still being tested by users of the platform. Search for the Pinterest tool that meets your business goals.
Do you know the drill for wonderful Wednesday link-up #336?
We always have a great lineup and are so happy to have you join us each week. We hope you enjoy this week’s features to inspire you. Likewise, we have so many talented bloggers it is hard to choose, but we do our best each week.
Do you need more oomph? Check out ⇒ Last Weeks Party #335 on 10/31. So many great blogs visited us with fantastic ideas.
Wonderful Wednesdays For All Bloggers and Writers
You could Pin The Banner From Above, and We would love if you share our party for others to enjoy. Please Do Not Link and Run ❢❢ Feel free to post the party button on your blog and say you linked up here!
We would love to have you follow our Social Media Links!!! 😊 We would love to have you follow our Social Media Links!!! 😊 Be Notified When Our Parties Start Each Week Add Your Email Unsubscribe Anytime ❢: […]
The hostesses of wonderful Wednesday #336
♥ Karren Haller // Oh My Heartsie Girl How To Make A Bedroom Zen Twitter | Bloglovin | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram♥ Indah Nuria Savitri // My Purple World WR Rally in Auckland New Zealand Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram♥ Kaycee Mason // My Crafty Zoo 7 Tips to Make Hosting Thanksgiving Easier Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest♥ Clearissa Coward // Command Center Christmas 2022 Shopping Haul Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest♥ Suzan White // Country Crafting Home and Country Crafts Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | PinterestEmma // TheExtraOrdinariOnly Black Swam Event TikTok | Gumroad | Bloglovin Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
Best features from last week
♥Feature Chosen by Suzan // Country Crafts Penny’s Treasures // Creating Christmas in the Studio ♥Feature Chosen by Indah // My Purple World Our Tiny Nest // How To Make a Dried Fruit Garland ♥Feature Chosen by Clearissa // Clearissa Command Center Krafty Planner // Printable Editable Thanksgiving Planner
Last week’s other top features
♥Feature Chosen by Kaycee // My Crafty Zoo Treat n Trick // Low fat banana cake ♥Feature Chosen by Karren // Oh My Heartsie Girl Midlife Healthy Living // Pumpkin Pie in a Cup ♥Feature Chosen by Karren // Oh My Heartsie Girl Ann’s Entitled Life // Dutch Almond Bars Recipe
Additional top features from previous link-up
♥Feature Chosen by Karren // Oh My Heartsie Girl Crystal and Company // Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecake Cups ♥Feature Chosen by Emma // ThExtraordinariOnly Filling The Jars 10 Productive Things To Do During The Day Instead Of Napping ♥Feature Chosen by Karren // Oh My Heartsie Girl Chez Mireille Fashion Travel Mom Inspired by Nancy and Monochromatic Black
Get Notified When Our Parties Start Each Week
–> Add Your Email You Can Unsubscribe Anytime ❢: […]
Now Before You Get Started
Would take a few seconds to comment, to let us know your thoughts?
Your comment will not show up right away because they are moderated. It is appreciated
And Please Feel Free To Pin A Few Features From Original Source ❢
Now Let’s Party!!!
Love to read more from the blog?
- Cracked Mirror Clear Reflection – An Inspirational and Motivational Read to Shatter Your Illusion of Perfection [5-Star Book Review]
- Why New York Fashion Week (NYFW) matters for epic entrepreneurs and link party 336
Like this blog post?
Here are some options for you to show your appreciation because you love this blog post;
- Share the site and spread the word! Use the buttons on the page below to share this link on your favorite social media sites.👇
- 🤝 Support our dream of transforming the lives and businesses of startup and small business entrepreneurs, founders, professionals, and executives and keep us running using this link to our Kofi account. Thank you so much for your support!
- Enter your email address and subscribe to our blog post notifications. That way, you’ll never miss any updates.📧
- 😊 Contribute to this blog post by adding your feedback using the comments section at the end below.
Share the post