Your blog is dead? How to increase your blogging prowess year in, year out to be successful online!
Recently, a client asked, ‘Is it too late to start a blog?’ On further research online, we saw that people still ask, ‘Is blogging dead?’ in 2022 just like they did in 2015, and in 2009. ‘Does blogging have a future?’
What are the helpful answers to these blogging questions?
With over 4,891,608 blog posts written out of over 1.95 billion websites live on the internet, is blogging dead?
Wake up people! Blogging, just like influencer marketing, podcasting, and email marketing, is a business! Anything that has a use-case is here to stay, thanks to technological developments.
In what drastic ways is blogging different?
All blogs published so far tell you how blogging IS NOT dead, but few tell you what has changed.
Ever mentioned blogging to anyone not involved in the online business world, and instead they laughed in your face, asking, ‘does anyone blog anymore?’ Every year people start new blogs and in just 1-2 years of consistently working on them, they make full-time income with their blogs. Is blogging dead in 2022 and beyond? Every blog goes through a difficult phase.
When you do not make enough income to replace a full-time job with blogging right away, it is very easy to drop the ball.
Does anyone blog anymore?
Blogs have changed, but you can stay on top if you evolve with them and stay relevant.
- Today, blogs have adopted social media, sound, and videos
- Instead of millions of scattered websites run by individuals, blogs are now more refined and better-funded information hubs.
- From the 1990s and into the mid-2000s, blogs were mostly small personal sites written by tech-savvy individuals. Today, powerhouses like the Huffington Post, Business Insider, and Engadget are some of the largest blogs for everything from major news outlets to businesses and marketers.
- Microblogging platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit, have now allowed billions, of users to curate feeds and publish microblog posts while easily communicating with each other. As a result, traditional personal blogs are on a decline!
- Even though very popular blogging techniques are already dead or dying, blogging has evolved and gotten replaced by content marketing, including digital produts like newletters, emails, and eBooks.
- Blogging, today, helps acquire traffic, targeted leads, qualified customers, and sales for clients, but very competitively for the +5 billion people who use search engines like Google to browse for ideas, knowledge, information, or find answers to specific questions.
- Ready to build a brand? User experience with a website optimized for voice search too is now a priority! Why? Voice-enabled shopping is expected to rise to $40 billion in 2022.
- For those thinking out lout, ‘can blogging be a good career?’ should know foremost, blogger responsibilities and blog writer descriptions are no longer what they used to be. Professional bloggers conceptualize, write, edit, and promote engaging content of the audience of a corporate or personal blog.
Do you have a satisfactory answer to, ‘Is blogging dead?’
Please tweet this!
Is it worth starting a blog today?
Others ask, ‘do people still read blogs?’ The question you ought to ask is, with +409 million internet users reading about 20 billion blog pages monthly, do you stand a chance?
If you start a personal blog today to post about your personal life and become mega-famous, you will be disappointed, unless you are Pat Flynn, Gary Vaynerchuk, or Neil Patel. Times have changed drastically. Similarly to those who think that Guest blogging is dead, or question ‘is blogging still a thing in 2022?’ fail to understand that: publishing daily, using free blogging sites, creating thin content, etc., are NOT working anymore.
So, what awesome advice will help you to start a blog, or two, today and keep blogging?
- A customizable self-hosted WordPress platform gives you full control over your site
- Deliver value and provide actionable answers to your audience
- Start with the right expectations
- Have a committed blogging strategy that includes researching to curate a comprehensive blog post
- Use a consistent SEO plan of the latest blogging and SEO trends
- Target low competitive yet profitable relevant long-tail keywords in your niche to attract your target audience
- Give your blog time to mature
- Have a lot of patience
- Do not give up too early
- Collaborate and network with other bloggers
- Focus on the long-term
“Blogging isn’t dead; It’s just reincarnated. Blogging is as effective a marketing tool as ever.” — Konrad Sanders, Content strategist #contentmarketing bloggers #thextraordinarionly #isbloggingdead #bloggingcommunity Click To Tweet
68% of marketers find blogging more effective than they did 2 years ago (DataBox)
Is blogging dead?
The question ‘is blogging dead’ has always being asked from the beginning of blogging, because we are a society that wants quick fixes. Worldwide Google Trends popularity shows that search results of the term ‘blogging’ is the most consistent over the last 5 years to date.
Did you know that 99 out of 100 people quit blogging within a few months?
Thus, is blogging dead?
“The future of publishing is about having connections to readers and the knowledge of what those readers want.”
– Seth Godin
Use cases of blogging
- Natural disasters
- Terror attacks
- Making money, personal finance, investing
- Online Gaming
- Digital marketing
- Diet, health, and fitness
- Cooking, recipes, food
- Movies and TV shows
- Social media
- Life stories
- Personal development
- Celebrity and gossip
- Do it yourself (DIY)
- How-to guides
- Product reviews
Is blogging still relevant?
Blogging has greater value than microblogging on social media!
Marketers who prioritize blogging have a 13x more positive ROI on their efforts. For invaluable consistent steady stream of leads and results, your ROI is much higher from a skilled copywriter’s long-form blog posting in comparison to hiring a salesperson to find leads.
Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing, and it generates about 3 times as many leads
SEO researchers have discovered that long form blog posts tend to perform better than shorter ones – the average first-page result on Google is nearly 2,000 words long, like these blog posts that our audiences search most on our website.
Does blogger still exist? Free blogging platforms like Blogger and Tumblr exist, but use self-hosted WordPress blogging platform, perfectly optimized for search engines.
What is the future of blogging?
Blogging is profitable. Instead of publishing daily like way back in 2014, 66% of bloggers today are publishing a few times per month. Follow suit to create evergreen, top-notch, indepth, highly informative, and engaging blog post that is 2424 words long on average like bloggers who earn over $50,000 per year.
Take a step further and connect with influencers and other active bloggers in link parties like link party 325.
So far, what have you dedued about, ‘is blogging dead?’ What are your thoughts about the future of blogging? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Let us know if you’ve any questions.
WELCOME TO TRAFFIC JAM WEEKEND LINK PARTY 325
Upload your old online posts and more on Traffic Jam Weekend link party 325!
Link up your content, connect with others, and learn something with us.
The bloggers bringing this fabulous party to you:
If you would like to become a permanent or guest co-host for this link party, complete this short form.
These are the featured posts from Traffic Jam Weekend Link Party #324…
Kimberly chose Hundreds of Ways to Make This Your Best Summer EVER! from Crafts a la Mode. “This post has some neat DIY crafts and unique experiences to try for the summer.”
Michelle chose Embroidery Neck Design Using Holbein Stitch from My Craft Works. “The design is so striking. I’m always looking for ways to embellish clothing, and this looks like something I might be able to do.”
Tracy chose Cantaloupe Dog Treats from Other People’s Pets. “It was 90+ this past weekend. I made these for my fur pup. She LOVED them!”
Hazlo chose “in lieu of flowers”- books to help us die with dignity from Watercress Words. “Never ever thought of reading obituaries before losing our dad. Nothing ever prepares you for the loss of a loved one.”
The post with the most views was How to Wear Black Pants with Intention: SIA Lotus Pond from Within a World of My Own. Thank you featured bloggers for sharing with us in link party 324! Your posts will be pinned to the Traffic Jam Weekend Link Party Pinterest board. Please grab the HTML code for a special Traffic Jam Weekend featured button below to display on your blog.
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML
- Grab the HTML code for a Traffic Jam Weekend button below for your site
- Link up as many of your old posts as you like below
- Take some time and visit the other posts
- Create some traffic jam for the hosts of this party
- Share this party on social media with the hashtag #trafficjamweekend
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML
Previous blog posts you’ll love
- These are the 9 Steps to Identify Your Influencer Marketing Candidate: Secrets To Tap Today Even With a Following of 50
- 3 Kohlberg’s Stages of Moral Development: Moral Reasoning In Face of Moral Dilemma and Justice For Law Enforcers
- 5 perfect questions to ask if you are considering moving – answers included
- Book Review: The Genesis Principle of Leadership: Claiming and Cultivating Your Created Capacity by Richard Allen
Are you active on social media?
If blogging is not dead, what do you have to do to stay relevant? Share with us on socials.
So, is blogging dead?
Help us grow our blog by sharing this blog post.