Last updated on March 25th, 2020 at 06:23 pm
9 Influencer Marketing Hacks to Get the Right Fit of an Influencer – Never Stress About This Again
Inﬂuencer marketing hacks are important in this age of the Internet. You do not need to ever stress on how to identify and eventually work with an influencer ever again.
Influencer marketing is on the increase. More and more companies and brands are seeking to engage and reach out organically, more so with micro-influencers than ever before.
Influencer Marketing Statistics You Need to To Know
39 percent of digital marketers with a digital marketing budget above $500,000 plan to increase their influencer marketing budget in 2019 as published in the State of Influencer Marketing Report 2019 by Linqua.
More than 68 percent of marketers surveyed cite Instagram as the most important social network for influencer marketing, followed by Facebook (51 percent); while Snapchat remains the least important social network for influencer marketing in 2019.
66 percent of these marketers ran three or more influencer marketing campaigns last year and 42 percent “always-on” strategy.
In addition, 74 percent of the marketers use influencer content in other channels, and 57 percent claim that the content outperforms brand-created content.
Identify Your Influencer Marketer – Starting with An Audience of 50 (Actively Engaged)
74% of marketing decision-makers have allocated a budget for influencer marketing (source: OnBrand) with emphasis on branded visual content.
On the flip side, very good marketing professionals included confuse marketing and sales when it comes to influencers. As a result, they make serious mistakes.
Inﬂuencer marketing has become a very powerful tool, with an emphasis on authenticity.
You need to know how to use it. If you are not working with the right inﬂuencers, it could be a real waste of time, money, and resources.
How To Connect With Other People’s Audiences Effectively
Inﬂuencer marketing calls for authenticity & engagement as a measure of performance.
The successful key to connecting with other people’s audiences is to research inﬂuencers. This is the foundation to see which ones you would beneﬁt the most from and working with. That way, you get the most out of inﬂuencer marketing.
Today there are MORE people in the social media market than ever before.
Step 1- What is your objective?
It is important before you start your campaign that you know what your objectives and goals are to make it simpler to make a choice and be mindful throughout the process.
- What is your message? For example, do you want additional traffic to your website? Are you raising awareness for a new product or service? Do you want to grow your social media following? Do you want to increase your social proof? Are you converting cold to warm and interactive contacts? Do you want to guest post?
- Who do you want to reach out to?
- What actions do you expect from that audience?
- What is the brand’s message?
- Who are we reaching out to?
- What do we expect from our audience once they engage and as a result of
the overall campaign?
Be as specific as possible with your target and goals by following the SMART rule: Specific, Meaningful, Achievable, Relevant, Time-Bound.
How you will measure whether you have met your goal at the end of the campaign? Picking qualitative and quantitative goals to assist you to measure the success of the campaign and your strategies. The qualitative data adds context to hard numbers (audience) and the quantitative data adds context to those numbers.
This is a great way to get maximum exposure with minimum content creation.
What to look for in an influencer
Define your influencer qualifications
It is really important to find the right influencer that will reach out to your required audience. Don’t always focus on the reach side of things and think about the message that your influencer is sending out to their audience. The right influencer could be a great investment long term as opposed to a one-off celebrity endorsement, which could just give you a short term gain.
The right and relevant influencer beat audience reach because, for each subject matter that an influencer has expertise in and a dedicated following of, comes solid relationships built with their audience, trust, and honesty. These are invaluable when it comes to marketing a brand or product because if they trust the influencer, who is marketing that product, then that audience trusts you too, as a brand.
Great influencers won’t even market a brand unless it’s relevant to them and their followers.
- Is the influencer relevant to your target audience
- How big is their audience
- Do they already have quality content on their social platforms and website
- How easy is it to connect with them?
- Are they recognized by authorities of the land?
Step 3 – Influencer Engagement
influencers and bloggers can buy fake followers, likes, and comments. Unfortunately, although this increases an audience size, it definitely does not increase their influence. It’s not a bad metric to see how many followers an influencer has. Of course, if that influencer only had 100 followers, across all of the social channels that they are active on, then, of course, this is not ideal.
However, the number of followers is not the only thing that you should be focusing on.
Start researching and identifying those influencers that have an impressive amount of followers. It is of more important to closely look at the engagement of those followers. The engagement of an influencer’s audience is an indicator of the importance of the content and also shows how positive and trusting those followers are about their influencer and their relationship, and also their posts.
For example, it’s easy to look check out the engagement rate of your influencer by looking at the Engagement section at Auditor for Instagram’s report.
Multiple sources online show accounts with less than 1k followers get higher than 10% engagement. That’s more than 10x that of an influencer with 100k followers. 82% of consumers are ‘highly likely’ to follow a recommendation given by a micro-influencer. Micro-influencers have up to 22% buying conversions. Micro-influencers provide brands with the best ROI for marketing.
Step 4 -Frequency of Posting and Ratio of Sponsored Content to Original Content
If you want to work with a popular Instagrammer, you need to completely focus on the frequency in which that person posts on Instagram.
The influencers that have highly engaged followers usually post regularly. Always check the last post on the Instagram account.
For example, if the last post was done one month ago, then this person is not committed to posting on Instagram. Find someone else who is more active.
Note that any influencer that shares sponsored posts regularly could be reducing their credibility with their followers. If your influencer’s feed is full of sponsored posts, it may be worth reconsidering working with them. The reason being that followers follow influencers based on their frank and honest opinions on any product or service.
On the contrary, if you see an influencer that is constantly sharing sponsored posts, they may be inclined to think that the influencer may only be interested in making money and not providing a genuine and open opinion. Digital influencers that have a strong bond and high engagement rate of followers show their authenticity by spreading the frequency of promoting sponsored items or services.
Step 5–How to Find A Influencer
Build Your Influencer List
Use tools like Buzzsumo, Google, Linkedin to
- Identify an influencer your audience or target audience
- Look for authors of trending articles on topics on your niche
- Review hashtags that are relevant to your niche
- Search for tip lists, for example, top 10 social media influencers in Tech, top 10 indie Christian book bloggers
- Find the influencers who write content that is relevant to your product, service, or brand
You will find more infographics at Statista
Step 6 – How Authentic is the Influencer
Authentic influencers promote brands or services by giving an unbiased opinion. Some may include
personal stories or experiences. This is what followers want to see.
- How creative and innovative is the influencer?
- Can they use their personal style and words to promote a product or service without having to a script of what to say and
how to say it?
- Does the influencer know their audience?
- How best does the influence create great content for their audience?
- Does the influencer know how to reach their followers?
- Do they know how to maintain, grow, and engage their following?
- Are they being mindful of the product or service they are promoting?
An influencer trusts a brand and transfers it to their audience, which in turn, brings trust to your product or service.
Authenticity is highly valued in Influencer Marketing as it is something that stands out from the crowded marketing space today.
Choose the right influencer for your product that remains true to your product/service, when providing a review and an opinion on a product.
There are a lot of tools that use machine learning to find behavior patterns that correspond with real people vs automated bots or sporadic usage so as to weed out influencers that use fake followers or fake likes.
Features to look out for
- Look at the influencers’ follower’s geo and gender
- Compare the influencer’s audience with your target audience.
- Are the followers’ likes, comments, and the followers themselves authentic or bot-generated?
- What is the follower’s reachability of the influencer?
- How does the influencers engagement metric compare with other influencers?
- Is it worth to work with this influencer or not> What is the quality of the audience that will see and react to the sponsored post?
- . AQS helps to decide in a minute is it
worth to work with this blogger or not.
Step 7 – How to Interact with your Influencer
Nurture a relationship with the influencer
- Do not dare stalk
- Ask for an introduction
- Sustain a reciprocal relationship
Step 8-How to Connect with Your Influencer
Create your initial contact with an influencer
- Buy/promote their product
- Interact across social media (like, comment, share, retweet)
- Comment on their blog
- Offer free access to your product or service
- Request to interview them
- Provide backlinks to their blog on your site
- Mention them in your content as experts
- Provide online social proof
- Introduce yourself via a common connection
Step 9 – Influencer Agreement
Are you ready to contract an influencer?
An Influencer Brand contract should include the following:
- The actual service that the influencer will perform for the Brand
- The date of engagement
- The duration of the engagement
- Compensation terms, amounts, frequency
- Details of the engagement
- Special instruction
Download a Sample Influencer-Brand contract here. To get the password, follow this link.
This FREE Sample Influencer-Brand contract is written by a lawyer experienced in the influencer marketing field. It covers the relationship between Brands and Social Media Influencers. The contract provides a clear guideline to the most important elements of the brand-influencer relationship that should be clarified before entering into a business relationship.
Now available as a free download, it is courtesy of Dear Mishu’s Dad.
If you do not want to engage an influencer, you can build yourself into an influencer. Be on the lookout for Part Two of this blog post addressing how to grow and build yourself into a sort after influencer.
Disclaimer: The FREE Sample Influencer Brand contract is for general information and guidelines only. It is not a substitute for legal advice.
Subscribe to ThExtraordinariOnly by Email not to miss any update of this post and future blog posts. See why we rank Top 100 small business blogs, websites and influencers to follow on the Internet.
Follow us on our Pinterest journey and Loop with us. The pages are created to celebrate you, share your influencer marketing journey to the top, pitch your services, and learn from other experienced bloggers, small businesses, startup founders, and social media influencers!
Get to meet other influencers and change agents today. Mix and mingle in this Facebook Group starting now.
To interact with us further and know what our influencer journey has been like, Facebook page.
After you click publish on your content, do you share it too on other platforms? Clap for us on Medium and follow us too.
Join our email list if you enjoyed our blog. Get more tips on influencer marketing. We would like to have you. You can join now!
***We would like to note that this post and most posts on our blog may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something that has an affiliate link, we will get a commission from it. Not all items recommended on our site are affiliate links. We only recommend items that we have used and tried. These items have brought us much success and we highly recommend them to you in order to be successful. Thank you for your trust!