Haven’t Made Your First $1 Online? Using These Simple 9 DIY Steps to Sell Anything, Create a Successful Online Business
The outbreak of the coronavirus has most people working from home to help save lives in this times of uncertainty. It is not a secret that the need to create a successful online business will now become a necessity, just like remote working.
The ongoing pandemic of the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) has altered business operations, organizational culture, working practices, and lifestyles on a global scale. The world is witnessing the fastest and deepest financial crisis, faster than the economic meltdown of 2008.
Has an economic turmoil unfolded right before our eyes?
Look at what I had to say about it in this article: Earn Money Monthly Online By Investing In Simple Internet Tools Today – Consistent, Future Proof, Legitimate and Proven and on this Quora question here: When will the next financial crisis appear and how bad will it be? How can a person prepare for it?
The woefully unprepared businesses and industries have already scaled down, or shut down. Those who have shifted to working from home now fully rely on creative and evolved digital communication channels for the organization to give and receive feedback using video calls, social media posts and chat platforms.
The trail of a significant number of people are now unemployed. Yes, some people are able to work from home during the coronavirus pandemic, but other do not have jobs that allow for that. The virus has wrecked havoc in people’s lives.
Dan Lok’s post on LinkedIn summarizes the actual global scenario.
“Some people have lost their jobs. Others are stuck at home with children out of school … Others are watching their retirement dreams disappear as the stock market drops.”
But at the end of it all,
“In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity” -Sun Tzu, shares Dan Lok.
Everything feels fragile. Thus, how do you start to create a successful online business in the internet marketing niche?
Globalization trends are jeopardized by lockdowns, immigration restrictions, domestic travel bans, international travel restrictions and increased border enforcements.
Since social distancing and increased isolation is seen as the most effective way of slowing the spread of the virus, what do you do with this precious time that has ‘suddenly’ fallen into your laps?
One of the best ways to fight the economic impact of the corona virus is to get going and create a successful online business with your professional expertise and essential competencies, skills, abilities, traits and attitudes.
Instead of lulling yourself to numbness with anxiety, fear and panic, while trying to keep away from other people and crowds, I challenge you to take a 21 -day drive with me?
But first …
5 Things You Should Know Before Creating A Successful Online Business
- Your business should solve a problem. Be clear of the problem you are solving. Do your homework. This is because the bigger the problem, the more urgent it needs solving. The better your offer addresses the problem, the more likely and faster you create a customer. Start from building a business model to help validate your idea.
- You will not get it right the first time. Test each stage of your business model. Concentrate with maximum focus, energy and effort on all that you do and shorten the failure rate cycle.
- Get buyers first. This is how you confirm that there is a demand for your products and services. The purchasing power of your consumers fluctuates year in year out. It is also affected by the strength of an economy, apart from the type of product or service, its price and availability. For example, in a recession, people tend to save their money rather than splurge on luxury items such as flat-screen televisions or expensive watches. Factor in timing.
- Entrepreneurship is a marathon, and not a sprint. Remember that you are creating a successful online business from scratch and putting in long hours. It is for the long haul. It is a process.
- Understand your target audience. Who are the most likely buyers of your product and/or users of your service? What words do they use? What benefits do they enjoy? Why do they want your product or service?
Dive into smart business creation strategies using clever ideas to work from home and boost your income earning extra money online.
Start selling online.
What You Need to Sell Anything Online Within 21-Days or Less
1. Perfect Product/Market Mix
Who are your target customers? Where is the market?
When starting out, there is a lot of information on the internet to narrow down to a niche.
The best place to start is to identify buyers first then line up the sale. If you lockdown on your buyers, then your market is guaranteed.
Marc Andreessen, states that,
“I’ll assert that market is the most important factor in a startup’s success or failure.”
It is wise to factor in the timing of your business product, goods and services using trends, hashtag calendars, special occasions, special days, etc.
This 7Ps marketing mix incorporates selling of both products and services. Use it to conduct a SWOT analysis and undertake a complete analysis of your competitive edge and advantage.
2. Brand Your Business on the Internet
You may or may not have a website to start selling your services or creative products on the internet.
If you do not have a website, set up business profiles on favorite social media platforms you like and leverage on those liked by your market.
To maximize your brand reach, engage with the right people.
If you have a website, choose a theme that supports your work. Before using any theme, ask yourself:
- How is the customer support of the theme for you as it’s user?
- Compatibility with word press
- Is it a responsive theme?
- Easily import and export
- Latest HTML
- Does it have an inbuilt setting option?
- Does it have an inbuilt design option?
- Ad management
- Is it SEO optimized?
You could use squeeze pages with attractive landing pages.
For a general overview on how to sell anything online, see this post: Ebook on Successful Strategies of Wealth Creation, Victory Over Debt, and Money Matters – Spring Up from the Hole of Bad Debt
Recommended reading: 10 Best Drop Shipping Products to Sell in 2020 by Jessica Bruce
3. Provide value first
Provide valuable content.
Give value based on what your buyers want and not what you want to give.
Explore what tools and resources you can use to get the best insight of your customers.
If you need more specific examples and tips, start here: 101 Time-Saving Resources and Tools We Trust at Your Fingertips – Instantly Try Today, There Tons of FREE Must-Haves
4. Provide details of your product/service
Is what you’re offering your customer a good deal?
The product/service should fit the task consumers want it for, it should work and it should be what the consumers are expecting to get.
5. Be smart on how you build on the emotions of your customers
- Make it all about the customer.
- Make it simple or easy since no one want to deal with a hassle.
- Everyone want a special tip, and free offers are irresistible, especially if risk-free.
- Customers are usually happy to pay a little more for something that works really well for them.
6. Create a sense of urgency
Be creative and use of time-bound power words.
Your message to the correct audience should be in a manner they would most like to hear, whether it be informative or appealing to their emotions.
I highly recommend you have a look at this post on 53 Attention-Grabbing Blog Post Titles That Get Clicked to better understand how to use power words
7. Utilize the power of social media
- The product/service should be available from where your target consumer finds it easiest to shop.
- Social media branding should all be consistent with any other communication channels that you use
8. Give clear and precise instructions
Do not assume that your customers will know how to take action.
Give clear call to action (CTAs) in closing:
- Without distractions, and
- Without beating around the bush.
A customer is more likely to take action when given specific instructions on what to do so at to get their product or service. Do not draw your audience in and leave them hanging.
You can use screen shots too.
Having the right people is essential because they are as much a part of your business offering as the products/services you are offering. Each business relies on people who run it from sales staff, to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
At the start, you will be everything. If there is a skill you lack, that is how you commence adding people to your one-man team. Invest in yourself, in your team, and in those you believe in and who believe in you.
What Do You Think?
In closing, do not ignore any area unless it is completely outside your control as you create your successful business online.
This blog post has been written with sources of articles in different places of this website and recommended reading from other bloggers I follow so as to help the reader in a desperate attempt to start an online business working from home.
- When will the next financial crisis appear and how bad will it be? How can a person prepare for it?
- 53 Attention-Grabbing Blog Post Titles That Get Clicked
- Coronavirus pandemic has delivered the fastest, deepest economic shock in history
- 19 Tips To Achieve Success in Life and Not Just Survive – Be Alive. Live Life. Revive. Thrive
- How To Write an Inimitable Business Plan that Works [INFOGRAPHIC] – Who Said You Can’t Write One?
- Ebook on Successful Strategies of Wealth Creation, Victory Over Debt, and Money Matters – Spring Up from the Hole of Bad Debt
- The 4 Perspectives Of Organizational Communication Coexist Simultaneously Within Organizations
- What is Your Organizational Culture? Does It Favor Those Deemed Superior or in Power or Only Those With a Voice?
- Earn Money Monthly Online By Investing In Simple Internet Tools Today – Consistent, Future Proof, Legitimate and Proven
- The only thing that matters |The PMarca Guide to Startups
- 101 Time-Saving Resources and Tools We Trust at Your Fingertips – Instantly Try Today, There Tons of FREE Must-Haves
- 15 Global Competencies Prerequisite for a Global Work Environment
- Tiny Opinion on Liked Social Media Platforms or Mostly Used By Your Audience, Consumers, and Customers
- 10 Best Drop Shipping Products to Sell in 2020
- How To Pick A Profitable Niche & Blog For A Living: 56 Experts Share Their Secrets
You may have been scrolling through the internet on a quest to start your own hustle and create a successful online business!😎
I would like to thank you for reading and making it to the end of this blog post!
Do you feel that you are now more confident to take that 21-day plunge to successfully sell anything online?
What other information would you like covered?
Have these simple 9 DIY steps been valuable?
Share with us about your experience in the comments section at the end of this post.
If you enjoyed the blog, put a smile on someone’s face 🙂by sharing with your circle of influence using the social sharing buttons at the bottom of this post. 👇
If you need more help, business coaching or consultancy services, reach out to us. We’d be happy to help your online business thrive, scale, and succeed
Subscribe to ThExtraordinariOnly by Email not to miss any of our blogs. We rank the Top 100 small business blogs, websites, and influencers 2020. There are additional important details not found in our blogs if you subscribe to our newsletter too. 😍
Loop Your Pins with us instantly for extreme engagement and massive exposure to your digital presence on the Internet.
Share these ready-made tweets!
[bctt tweet=”I’ll assert that market is the most important factor in a startup’s success or failure. Marc Andreessen https://bit.ly/2yfIHWB #createabusiness #successfulonlinebusiness #onlinebusiness #thextraordinarionly” username=”thextraordinari”]
[bctt tweet=”Some people have lost their jobs. Others are stuck at home with children out of school … Others are watching their retirement dreams disappear as the stock market drops. Dan Lock https://bit.ly/2yfIHWB #startabusiness #onlinebusiness #thextraordinarionly” username=”thextraordinari”]