Leaders need to know effective delegation is a skill that needs to be learned
How do you increase efficeicienty? Delegating is not dumping.
Dumping is giving responsibility to others without proper training and active oversight, while delegating is giving responsibility to others with proper training and active oversight. Therefore, delegated tasks must be specific-measurable-agreed upon-realistic-time bound-ethical-reportable.
“Delegating work works, provided the one delegating works, too.” ― Robert Half
The human resources approach to management, which was developed in
the 1950s and 60s emphasized a symbiotic relationship between individuals and organisations where ‘democratic leadership is the most effective means of managing’ and ‘openness and participation are the most effective means of demonstrating democratic leadership.’
Any motivated team members appreciate the authority and opportunities created by effective delegation and help their leader to be more successful. Consequently, an efficient project management requires effective delegation that allows decisions to be made at a level that is consistent with the organisation’s system for internal control.
What is effective delegation?
“The act of empowering to act for another” is delegation.
According to Merriam Webster dictionary, with bestowed power, a person, usually a subordinate, is able to carry out specific activities (normally given by a manager or supervisor). Delegation is giving responsibility to someone to carry out tasks that you might normally do yourself.
Delegation is a management tool designed to increase the efficiency of an organization (Harvard Business Review). By delegating you give others the authority to do things, but you remain accountable for the outcome.
Effective delegation makes sure each and every team member knows what they are expected to achieve and why; and a constructive team environment where people understand the ‘rules’ and are willing to help each other.
― Lynda Boune
To ensure you’re delegating effectively, ask your team for any feedback that they can give you. This is depended on your behavior as a leader.
Effective delegation requires effective explanation of the work being delegated. Clarity in delegation promotes efficiency and promotes flexibility because work is done by different people differently, ensuring a high level of success and achievement of objectives.
Causes of ineffective and effective delegation
Ineffective delegation causes unhappy employees, frustration, de-motivates, confuses, prevents tasks from being completed, its costly, discourages, and causes your organization to be dependant on new people from the outside.
motivates and equips others, and
helps us clarify and refine our own tasks and priorities
The most successful mentors cultivate their subordinate’s innate skills and motivate them to independently apply those skills. The art of providing the right amount of autonomy to each team member is effective delegation.
Delegation allows leaders to match responsibilities with people who are well-equipped to manage them. If the delegation is a tough assignment for the person, make sure someone is available to provide coaching and support to make the learning experience enjoyable.
I am yet to meet someone who does not like to learn new skills but loves failing!
Effective delegation quotes and phrases for great leadership
Ever tried the efficent delegation 70 percent rule of smart CEOs?
Selecting the right task to delegate is key to effective delegation. If the team member that the CEO would like to delegate the task is able to do it at least 70 percent as well as the CEO, he/she should proceed and delegate it. Remember, along with the effective delegation of work is delegation of authority so that the subordinate can accomplish his or her tasks.
Quotes for effective delegation strategies in coaching leaders
- “Imparting trust, the real meaning of delegation, is a powerful thing.” ― Scott Berkun
- “Surround yourself with great people; delegate authority; get out of the way.” ― Ronald Reagan
- “Are we limiting our success by not mastering the art of delegation? It’s simply a matter of preparation meeting opportunity.” ― Oprah Winfrey
- “Delegation requires the willingness to pay for short term failures in order to gain long term competency.” ― Dave Ramsey
- “Nobody can do everything well, so learn how to delegate responsibility to other winners and then hold them accountable for their decisions.” ― George Foreman
- “We accomplish all that we do through delegation.” ― Stephen R. Covey
Best quotes about effective delegation
- You can delegate authority, but you cannot delegate responsibility.” ― Former U.S. Senator Byron Dorgan
- “The first rule of management is delegation. Don’t try and do everything yourself because you can’t.” ― Anthea Turner
- “As all entrepreneurs know, you live and die by your ability to prioritize. You must focus on the most important, mission-critical tasks each day and night, and then share, delegate, delay, or skip the rest.” ― Jessica Jackley
- “Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.” ― General George Smith Patton, Jr.
- “Find problem areas, add structure and delegate. The pressure is to do the reverse. Resist it.” ― Donald Rumsfeld
- “If you want to work 160 hours a week, don’t delegate. But you are going to crash and burn.” ― John Baldoni
- “Sometimes you just have to be willing to delegate and not feel like you’re the only one with the answer.” ― Ronald D. Moore
Effective delegation leadership quotes to delegate like a boss
- “The art of delegation is one of the key skills any entrepreneur must master.” ― Richard Branson
- “When you delegate work to the member of the team, your job is to clearly frame success and describe the objectives.” ― Steven Sinofsky
- “You can delegate authority, but you can never delegate responsibility for delegating a task to someone else. If you picked the right man/woman, fine, but if you picked the wrong man/woman, the responsibility is yours — not his/hers.” ― Richard Kravfe
- “If you delegate tasks, you create followers. If you delegate authority, you create leaders.” ― Craig Groeschel
- “Once you’ve identified your crucial tasks and sorted out your priorities, try to find a way to delegate everything else.” ― Eli Broad
- “I find that many entrepreneurs are trying to do everything when it would be cheaper and more time-efficient to delegate, even if there are monetary costs associated with that.” ― James Altucher
Rounding it up
Effective delegation is one of the most important management skills that must constantly be improved. It is more than the art of recruiting and wooing willing workers. Delegation is the science of utilizing effective principles that are transferrable, measurable, and repeatable.
Delegation is also biblical. Read the account of Moses in the book of Exodus 35 to 39, where he used delegation to speed up God’s work!
Connect with leaders in Wonderful Wednesday Link party 331
Effective delegation skills are crucial in facilitating success and trust resulting in the smooth functioning of a company or an organization, notwithstanding, online or ofline!
We have a great lineup this week with lots of October ideas for crafts and recipes. Of course we always have a great lineup and were happy to have you join us each week and hope you enjoy this weeks features to inspire you.
We have so many talented bloggers it is hard to to choose but we do our best each week, and if you need more Inspiration check out ⇒ Last Weeks Party #330 on 9/26 there were so many great blogs that visited us with a plethora of great ideas.
Wonderful Wednesdays 331 For All Bloggers and Writers
You could Pin The Banner From Above and We would love if you share our party for others to enjoy. Please Do Not Link and Run ❢❢ Feel free to post the party button on your blog and say you linked up here! We would love to have you follow our Social Media Links!!! 😊 We would love to have you follow our Social Media Links!!! 😊 Be Notified When Our Parties Start Each Week Add Your Email Unsubscribe Anytime ❢: […]
Wonderful Wednesday link party 331 hostesses
♥ Karren Haller // Oh My Heartsie Girl Refresh Your Look to Brigthen Your Outlook Twitter | Bloglovin | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram♥ Indah Nuria Savitri // My Purple World Cherry Blossoms at Aston Norwood Garden, Upper Hutt, Wellington Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram♥ Kaycee Mason // My Crafty Zoo Nightmare Before Christmas Wreath DIY Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest♥ Clearissa Coward // Command Center Clean and Decorate With Me/Home Revival/Fall MBedroom Refresh 2022 Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest♥ Suzan White // Country Crafting Best DIY Fall Gnomes Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | PinterestEmma // ThExtraOrdinariOnly TikTok | Gumroad | Bloglovin Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter Controlled Substances
♥Feature Chosen by Karren // Oh My Heartsie Girl Grammy’s Grid // Decorated Trays A New Themed Linkup Party from my friend Dee with her latest party you can join for your decorated trays.♥Feature Chosen by Clearissa // Clearissa’s Command Center The Dedicated House // Great Tips For Getting Your Home Ready For Winter♥Feature Chosen by Clearissa // Clearissa’s Command Center How To Get Organized At Home // 15 Reasons Why You Should Deep Clean Your Bathroom
Top picks of last week’s linkups
♥Feature Chosen by Karren // Oh My Heartsie Girl Paper Seedlings // Fussy Cute Flowers Greeting Card♥Feature Chosen by Suzan // Country Crafts Serenity You // A Spider Treat Holder for Halloween♥Feature Chosen by Kaycee // Crafty Zoo Cindy’s Online Recipe Box // Caramel Apple Spiced Gooey Butter Cake
Fav picks from previous link party
♥Feature Chosen by Karren // Oh My Heartsie Girl Southern Sunflowers // Scarecrow Ceiling Fan Blade♥Feature Chosen by Indah // My Purple World Cook Eat Go // Easy Crockpot Lasagna Soup Recipe♥Feature Chosen by Emma // The ExtraOrdinariOnly Chez Mireille Fashion Travel Mom// Styling One Dress 6 Ways for All
Be Notified When Next Party Starts
–> Add Your Email You Can Unsubscribe Anytime ❢: […]
Now Before You Get Started take a few seconds to comment, to let us know your thoughts, it is appreciated
And Please Feel Free To Pin A Few Features From Original Source ❢
Now Lets Party!!!
- When Empowering Employees Works , and When It Doesn’t – Harvard Business Review
- The 70% Rule – Rescue A CEO
- What Is Delegation and How Does It Enhance Team Management? – Life Hack
- 51 amazing mental healing quotes empower and encourage healthy thinking and hopeful feelings like therapy [quotes about emotional healing]
- Bullying prevention month 2022 interesting ideas [effective actionable tips, resources, color, and activities]
- 11+ bonanza benefits of coworking space vs working from home: Think again! What happens when renting commercial real estate vis-à-vis a home office
Enjoyed these effective delegation quotes?
Help out a leader
Share these effective delgation quotes to help a leader groom successors.